Marking #IWD2022 and Women's History Month: Coty Progress on Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Commitments
Since our inception, Coty has worked to uplift and empower women, both through our business and our brands. We continue that legacy today. We recognize the importance of diversity at a leadership level and throughout our whole organization, and have set ourselves ambitious targets to measure our journey.
Today, while recognizing there is still much to be done to reach gender parity, we share progress against these goals:
- Last year, we set ourselves an ambitious target to pay equitably for similar roles and performance, regardless of gender by end of 2022. Across the total Coty workforce, we have successfully reduced the pay equity difference to 2%. We now aim to go further by working at a country and functional level to assess differences.
- We strive for a gender balanced leadership. Today, the proportion of women at leadership level (CLT – Senior Director and above) has increased to 43%, up from 39% at the end of FY21 (30 June 21), through a combination of developing internal talent and acquiring external talent when needed.
- To continue work towards a gender balanced leadership and to support the development of our internal talent, we launched our Executive Woman mentoring program in October 2021, featuring talented women selected from a variety of function and geographies.
- We continue to have strong female representation in our Executive Committee (majority female) and Board of Directors (50:50).
- Coty remains a signatory to the UN Women’s Empowerment principles, reinforcing our public commitment to gender equality.
For more information, make sure to visit our Beauty That Lasts People page.