L'Accounting Analyst acts as the right-hand of the Financial Controller Italy in providing accounting, financial, tax and treasury advisory support to the Wella operating legal entities in Italy. Role includes monitoring and supporting the business by facilitating the monthly actual close and quarterly reporting, forecasting process, tax submission, cash-flow management, providing analytics and supporting ad-hoc requests.
- Support the Italian controlling & business teams during the close process which includes: preparing/posting/reviewing journal entries, coordinating submission, and addressing accounting questions.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Contribute to the preparation of Corporate reporting requirements (Quarterly P&L and Balance Sheet Analytics, GAAP Checklist, Reporting Package, Short-Term Liquidity Forecast) meeting strict corporate reporting deadlines and ensuring full compliance with internal and external (financial) reporting requirements, in line with the group accounting policies and the local regulations, with a clear understanding of the differences between them (i.e. IFRS, local and US GAAP, tax)
- Support internal control testing, documentation and compliance.
- Perform monthly close of financials which includes: generate and review Financial Statements in compliance with Italian GAAP and IFRS, compare actual to the budget and investigate /explain variances, analyze key accounts, identify unusual transactions, verify adequacy of reserves and accruals, follow-up and review with management.
- Provide accounting administrative support and training as needed (e.g. account inquiries, accruals, GAAP guidance, corporate policies and procedures etc.)
- Support internal and external audits by providing audit schedules, support and responding to inquiries.
- Participate in special projects by supporting management and the project team in various tasks.
- Follow accounting treatment and methodology used in accordance with IFRS and the Company’s financial policies.
- Close cooperation with Indirect Tax team in Shared Service Center in ensuring that all such as sales tax, per unit tax, value-added tax (VAT), or goods and services tax (GST) will be submitted correctly and paid on time. Specifically: review/check VAT reports/ declaration (Intrastat, ESL/EPL, Import VAT), submission of VAT/VAT UE return forms, submission Intrastat & esterometro monthly declaration, ensure timely payment of Indirect taxes, prepare other indirect tax reports (if applicable), supervise electronic invoice flow.
- Accounts Payable Single Point of Contact in Italy, supporting the business and central teams in AP issue resolutions.
- Ensure that the legal and insurance obligations are met.
- Bachelor in Accounting or related field is required.
- 7+ years’ experience in accounting or financial analysis with Italian GAAP and IFRS
- Solid accounting and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office, and extensive use of Excel
- Strong experience with SAP
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to deal with diverse groups and various levels of financial and operating personnel maintaining a positive attitude under pressure.
- Agile and quick to adapt to change.
- Ability to work independently (with limited supervision) and possesses the initiative to identify problems and propose creative solutions.
- Flexibility, multi-tasking, creative thinking, good business judgment, strong organizational & communication skills are all required to meet strict deadlines and manage other projects.
- Must be a strong team player, highly motivated, and eager to learn.