Analyst, Demand Planning
Analyst, Demand Planning
Professional Beauty | Los Angeles (Calabasas)
We’re Coty Professional Beauty, one of the leading professional beauty companies and home of iconic brands like Wella, Clairol Professional, Sebastian and OPI. We are passionate about beauty. Our products touch millions of consumers worldwide, via thousands of salons, stylists and nail artists. We believe our products and services bring out the beauty in every individual.
We are currently looking for an Analyst, Demand Planning.
Demand Planners manage the demand information flows to produce the bottoms up forecast, by-SKU by-month, for a category, multiple brands or a large brand. The Demand Planner develops statistical forecasts and integrates numerous elements of business data and Market intelligence shared by internal Brand teams and the Market Forecast planners. Market intelligence includes initiatives, distribution, pricing, and promotional activities. The forecast is used by supply chain, finance, and business leadership. As such, it is a critical job with significant commercial and business implications.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Volume Forecast:
- Prioritize key master data items to support current and future business plans. Maintain master data directly in the system.
- Evaluate historical shipment patterns, use experience and statistical knowledge to implement optimal models to represent (i) the best future forecast pattern, and (ii) the most efficient forecast method to deliver best accuracy per effort invested.
- Review statistical forecasts periodically and implement updates to deliver best ongoing modeling as business evolves over time.
- Make forecast modifications in the system, in collaboration with the Market Forecast Planner
- Maintain the system volumes in line with assumptions (refer to KFCs – ‘Key Forecast Changes’)
- Understand market dynamics and latest marketing and supply plans (promotions, cannibalization, distribution changes, supply constraints etc) and make value-added modifications to system forecast
- Weekly demand control: collaborate with market demand planner and category supply planning; propose changes to the system forecast, and execute changes.
- Represent demand planning in Commercial (Brand) meetings and further enable Brand level accuracy results.
- Gather information on future initiatives for own market from initiative planner
- Validate the system forecast using methodology and tools such as forecast reasonability tool, consumption modeling, market share projection, etc
- Collaborate with category supply chain contacts – communicate significant forecast changes and what-if projections in line with operating strategy; review latest supply situation; and manage resulting forecast updates. Examples in this area include managing cases of reduced product availability, initiative pipeline development, and significant merchandising timing moves.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- Strong cross functional collaboration
- Ability to coach and drive results through others
- Operates with discipline
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to collaborate horizontally and vertically
- Ability to drive change in difficult circumstances
- Independent thinker who can identify unique solutions and execute
- Ability to multitask and quickly resolve issues
- 2+ years of Demand Planning or Supply Planning experience
- 2+ years working with multifunctional teams
- Solid technical skills in SAP, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience owning measures and improving results
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Track record of working independently to produce solutions
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and quickly learn new processes
- Strong analytical ability with special attention to detail
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities,
experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empleo