Area Sales Manager
“Wella’ is one of the world’s leading professional and retail hair companies. It is a beauty collective with a mission to enable consumers to look & feel like their true self. Its love brands, which include beauty icons such as Wella, Clairol, OPI, and ghd (all together “Wella”), are co-created by & designed for the beauty junkies of today & tomorrow. Following the signing of an agreement with global investment firm KKR for the divestiture of Coty’s Professional and Retail Hair businesses, “Wella” is on its way to become a fully independent, standalone company with its own management team and operational structures. At closing, our new Company will have presence in over 100 countries and an estimated annual net revenue of $2.3Bn. “Wella” and its brands, are and will remain committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment.
- The Area Sales Manager is accountable to deliver business target and Distribution (retaining and growing existing customers and gaining new customers)
- Maximize the Education capacity in the area and ensure the perfect hardwire between sales & education.
- Demonstrate management skills and stewardship to support the Team to reach individual targets. Adjust management style depending on individuals in the Team.
- Responsible for recruitment, performance and productivity of the team.
- The Area Sales Manager is the guardian of the reputation of Coty Professional Beauty as the #1 business partner to the salon.
- Deliver KPIs: accountable to set individual targets cascading from the Lead Team and ensure the team meets/exceeds business targets behind Gain and Grow.
- Team Management: identify the Capability and Motivation of your team members and tailor your management approach to create an action plan for each individual. Expectation is to develop Mastery in people development and implement Protocol and standards.
- Operate with excellence: keep the team focused on priorities, track KPIs, prioritize Co-riding and completion of My Coach, lead Area sales meeting, be Role-model by demonstrating (EDAC). Systemically deliver results via HPO execution and building capabilities.
- Strategic Industry Relationship: Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders and industry decision makers (e.g. Key Accounts, Guest Artists, Schools, etc.).
- Responsible for enabling the sales team to achieve their full potential, by investing sufficient priority, time and resource into team culture, individual capability and coaching. Conduct feedback conversations on professional and personal development of the team. Identify and further develop talents within the team
- Operate within Budget and Company guidelines: act within financial stewardship (trade terms, Cash Day Sales Outstanding, Company policies…)
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS), QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
- Proven track record delivering outstanding sales results (min 5 years) in a business-to-business account management role or proven management track record in a sales team
- Strong Leadership & Collaboration skills
- Interest in Beauty industry
- Strong skills on MS Office including Excel, PPT, Marketing, Finances and up-to-date on social media & Digital.
The WELLA Company offers a market conform package. Location will be Rotterdam.
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We comply with national, federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.