Assistant Brand Manager
ASSISTANT BRAND MANAGER: GUCCI
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re #1 in the world for Fragrance and #3 in the world in Colour Cosmetics with a portfolio of brands that have been known and loved for generations.
Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world. We have some of the most well-known brands in the categories of Fragrances, Colour Cosmetics and Skin & Body Care including Gucci, Chloé, Calvin Klein, Burberry, Marc Jacobs, Sally Hansen, philosophy, Adidas, Rimmel, Max Factor, COVERGIRL and the list goes on and on!
Coty is committed to building a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences helps us build better products, better serve our users, and build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
THE BRAND & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Senior Brand Manager: Gucci you will play a pivotal role in the continued growth of one of the UK’s most exciting Luxury Health & Beauty brands.
Gucci is one of the worlds most recognised and admired fashion brands, and your exciting challenge is to establish Gucci as a leading beauty brand in the UK&I. The starting point of your journey is a good one, the brand is strong in Luxury fragrance and already has a national presence in Make-Up. With an exciting plan for new distribution (in selective high end retail), strong merchandising and category leading NPD & advertising creatives your role is to support the co-ordination of these assets to unlock sales and profit growth.
You will support the Senior Brand Manager in implementing the operational marketing strategy in the UK market. You will help deploy the Global Strategy in the UK markets and support with the launch of NPDs developed by our Global teams.
You will take full ownership of your projects’ P&L, be a key support in business/ local brand management and overall execution of Marketing programs including launches in the UK & Ireland.
As a key member of the team you will have excellent cross functional communication skills, ensuring that information and plans are shared and aligned. And play a significant role in aligning with our global colleagues, to ensure that we are aware of the assets that they deploy, and share the UK&I performance and future requirements.
You will also play a critical role in helping to create a positive team culture. Infectious energy, a challenging and a positive impatience to identify what can unlock the next commercial success.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own/support the development and delivery local initiative launch plans in collaboration with internal key stakeholders (e.g. sales team, trade marketing, brand finance) and external partners (e.g. media agency), depending on the size and importance of the initiative.
- Responsible for brand budget, ensuring effective and accurate budget management including administration of all invoices, monthly accruals and budget trackers
- Support in the management of brand media, including briefs, liaising with agencies, global and fashion house approvals and internal alignment, with support from the Senior Brand Manager.
- Local project management including P&L assessment to ensure investments are delivering vs target KPIs and profitability targets.
- Working with the internal & international merchandising teams to manage the design and production of local POS elements, ensuring they follow both Global guidelines and UK market requirements.
- Liaising with internal PR/ Influencer Marketing team to drive consumer engagement and off and online reach.
- Work with internal teams on forecasts of all new initiatives and correct phasing in line with our sell-out ambitions.
- Driving an online first mentality, finding disruptive ideas that connect with consumers and deliver strong ROI.
- Conducting pre and post analysis of launches and promotions – qualitative and quantitative.
- Brand analysis and share reporting on a monthly basis providing insights to relevant team members, with support from Senior Brand Manager.
- Along with internal cross divisional teams, support Senior Brand Manager on the co-management of the S&OP process, driving insights and actions for the accurate forecast for new and ongoing stock forecasts.
- Support Senior Brand Manager to create and implement the UK brand strategy which includes short-term intervention plans as well as longer term brand vision goals.
- Development and delivery of brand presentations to Internal and external stakeholders, including retailers, media owners and internal teams.
- Support on management of potential experiential events for the brand from concept through to creation. Own parts of the execution.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a Business related degree preferable.
- At least 1 to 2 years previous experience in a similar role & an understanding/appreciation of the fine fragrance market and retail environment required.
- Past experience in budget management and a strong understanding of financials.
- Experience working with the Microsoft Office suite with strong working knowledge of PowerPoint and excel.
- Passion for the Fragrance Luxury industries.
- Analytical mindset; A doer who proactively seeks improvement, is a solution provider and a problem solver.
- Organized in action;sStructured mind.
- Organizes own work and the work of others effectively.
- Self-Starter; is passionate, enthusiastic and has fun in work achievement.
- Excellence in Execution; Takes responsibility for the quality of all deliverables, contributes to doing things better and faster.
- Leader mentality, owns it, drives it. Sees opportunities to fix/ improve processes, and drives stakeholders to support deliver this change.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Constructive networker; collaborates easily with others and adapts to different working styles.
- Change champion; is resilient and flexible, adapts to new challenges.
WHAT WE BRING:
Marketing & Sales
We drive growth, brand equity and customer loyalty with innovative products, digital campaigns, events, partnerships and in-store executions. Our work includes both the physical and digital world across all categories. We aim to be gamechangers in the beauty industry, winning the hearts and minds of consumers around the world.