Assistant Brand Manager
Assistant Brand Manager, Wimbledon
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in
Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
You will work within the Coty Luxury Marketing Team on specific Fragrance brands where you will support the Brand Manager in implementing the operational marketing strategy in the UK market. You will help deploy the Global Strategy in the UK markets and support with the launch of NPDs developed by our Global teams.
You will take full ownership of your projects’ P&L, be a key support in business/ local brand management and overall execution of Marketing programs including launches in the UK & Ireland.
You will constantly monitor the Marketing Promotional programme, ensuring all promotional objectives are executed on brand, on time and on budget.
- Own/support the development and delivery local initiative launch plans in collaboration with internal key stakeholders (e.g. sales team, trade marketing, brand finance) and external partners (e.g. media agency), depending on the size and importance of the initiative.
- Responsible for brand budget, ensuring effective and accurate budget management including administration of all invoices, monthly accruals and budget trackers
- Support in the management of brand media, including briefs, liaising with agencies, global and fashion house approval, and internal alignment, with support from the Brand Manager.
- Local project management including P&L assessment to make sure investments are delivering vs target KPIs and profitability targets.
- Working with the internal & international merchandising teams to manage the design and production of local POS elements, ensuring they follow both Global guidelines and UK market requirements.
- Liaising with internal PR/ Influencer Marketing team to drive consumer engagement and off and online reach.
- Work with internal teams on forecasts of all new initiatives and correct phasing in line with our sell-out ambitions.
- Driving an online first mentality, finding disruptive ideas that connect with consumers and deliver strong ROI.
- Conducting pre and post analysis of launches and promotions – qualitative and quantitative.
- Brand analysis and share reporting on a monthly basis providing insights to relevant team members, with support from Brand Manager.
- Along with internal cross divisional teams, support Brand Manager on the co-management of the S&OP process, driving insights and actions for the accurate forecast for new and ongoing stock forecasts.
- Support Brand Manager to create and implement the UK brand strategy which includes short-term intervention plans as well as longer term brand vision goals.
- Development and delivery of brand presentations to Internal and external stakeholders, including retailers, media owners and internal teams.
- Support on management of potential experiential events for the brand from concept through to creation. Own parts of the execution.
- Producing local brand bibles and ensuring all marketing elements are available from the International teams for TM, VM, sales.
- Supporting the Brand Manager with ad hoc requests as required.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a Business related degree preferable
- Previous experience in a similar role ideal & an understanding/appreciation of the fine fragrance market/beauty market and retail environment required
- Past experience in budget management and a strong understanding of financials
- Experience working with the Microsoft Office suite with strong working knowledge of PowerPoint and excel.
- Passion for Fragrance & beauty industry
- Analytical mindset; A doer who proactively seeks improvement, is a solution provider and a problem solver
- Organized in Action; Structured mind
- Organizes own work and the work of others effectively
- Self-Starter; Is passionate, enthusiastic and has fun in work achievement
- Excellence in Execution; Takes responsibility for the quality of all deliverables, contributes to doing things better and faster
- Leader mentality, owns it, drives it. Sees opportunities to fix/ improve processes, and drives stakeholders to support deliver this change
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Constructive Networker; Collaborates easily with others and adapts to different working styles
- Change Champion; Is resilient and flexible, adapts to new challenges
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.