Assistant Brand Manager - Calvin Klein
ASSISTANT BRAND MANAGER, CALVIN KLEIN FRAGRANCES
The individual will be responsible for supporting the strategic planning and execution of the 360 marketing plans for Calvin Klein Fragrances. The candidate will contribute to budgeting, forecasting, media planning, instore and online merchandising, P&L tracking, pricing and promotional strategies relating to the brand. The person will act as the brand guardian in the US and make business recommendations relevant to the overall growth of the brand in the beauty category.
- Contribute to development of 3-year brand strategy
- Support in media planning, pricing, merchandising and promotional strategy
- Support end-to-end media plan process from media agency briefing to approval requests
- Collaborate on influencer strategy with in-house Influencer Team
- Keep track of weekly market share (NPD), rankings at retailers and POS data (internal system)
- Prepare brand reviews decks for management
- Create 360 launch plans
- Update launch calendar and launch reports on a weekly basis
- Work in close partnership with Global Marketing teams (based in New York City) to support global in the development of long-term strategic direction including innovation pipeline
- Perform competitive analyses, analyzing risks and opportunities
- Track revenue forecast and marketing spend budget (A&CP) vs. actuals and plan
- Proficient P&L management and ownership
- Manage all forecasting (saleable and non-saleable items): enter forecast in system for initiatives based on benchmark, fragrance trends and retailer feedback. Update forecast as needed.
- Work with Demand Planning and Sales Operations teams to ensure accuracy in forecasts and calendarization of saleable and promotional items in order to achieve quarterly profit targets.
- Keep SKU assortment lists by retailer or channel updated and communicate with cross-functional teams accordingly.
- Provide SKU logistics information to cross-functional teams as requested.
Merchandising (Online, Brick and Mortar)
- Work with local and global merchandising teams on strategy as well as instore and online execution.
- Ensure brand cohesiveness across all brick & mortar doors despite customization by channel as well as online.
- Ensure brand guidelines are respected in all instore merchandising executions (permanent and temporary) as well as online.
- Sign off on all visual merchandising concepts and renderings.
- Create, review and approve all planograms.
Ensure perfect in-store and online execution of the brand.
- Enable the field sales and education teams for engaging fragrance instore events.
- Monitor online stores and B&M stores on a regular basis (following company’s health and safety guidelines).
- Update sell books.
- Update creative assets library (pack shots, product descriptions, mock ups, online assets, visual merchandising guidelines, education guidelines).
Plan trade activation with sales (sell-in, sell-thru teams) and channel strategy teams.
- Create and update retailer presentations as required.
- Present novelties and brand strategy to retailers and business partners.
- Collaborate on Ecommerce strategy (Retailer.com, Pure Players).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge in all areas of beauty marketing (program development, media planning including digital, market analysis, market research, P&L management, marketing plans development) and critical project management skills.
- Strong commercial mindset and business acumen with deep analytical skills.
- Very strong attention to detail: the ideal candidate will love digging into details
- Strong knowledge of US beauty environment – luxury in particular (competitive brands, retail environment, digital activations).
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- NPD Market Research, MS Office (proficient in Excel and PowerPoint).
- 4-5+ years minimum relevant work experience in marketing
- A bachelor's degree is required, and an MBA is preferred.
Special Skills Required
Analytical & Strategic- Big picture thinking, Planning, creativity, problem solving and analysis
Business- Work-flow structuring, product knowledge, account administration, automated office systems, multi-tasking, analytical, quantitative, organizational, detail-oriented, time management
Creativity and Innovation - Creativity, originality, intuition
Leadership - Communication, objectivity, integrity, dependability, initiative, flexibility, sensitivity, impact, tenacity, autonomy, collaboration, resourceful