Assistant Brand Manager - Eye
Assistant Marketing Manager, Eye, Covergirl US
Senior Marketing Manager, Covergirl US
New York, NY
The Assistant Marketing Manager, Covergirl is responsible for assisting the Senior Marketing Manager of Covergirl US Marketing in the development and implementation of business and marketing strategies to drive profitable growth for Covergirl’s Eye segment. He/she will assist in the effective management of the marketing, advertising and promotional activities of the brand segment, as well as assisting the Senior Marketing Manager on business analysis, planning and forecasting. He/she will contribute to the total effectiveness of the brand by offering business recommendations and creative ideas, communicating openly, and proactively solving problems.
In addition, the Assistant Marketing Manager, Covergirl will play a key role coordinating programs across the broader integrated marketing team - including Global Marketing, Local Brand Marketing, Local Trade Marketing, In-Store, and external agency partners - to ensure seamless in-market execution.
The Assistant Marketing Manager, Covergirl is versatile and knows his/her market, portfolio and consumers better than anyone else. He/she has strong analytical, leadership and communication skills and is highly attuned to both the competitive environment and pop culture. He/she is detail oriented, has high quality standards and is capable of managing complexity across numerous stakeholders to deliver results on time with excellence.
- Ongoing business analysis and reporting for the Covergirl Eye segment. Analyze and derive insights from sales trends, customer trends, competitive performance and industry trends to recommend strategic choices and actions to drive the business. Maintain regular tracking of business results.
- Assist Senior Marketing Manager in forecasting monthly consumption based on sales trends & actuals.
- Assist Senior Marketing Manager on budget management to reconcile all spend on a monthly basis.
- Monitor excess and obsolete inventory and provide strategic recommendations on how to reduce / manage.
LAUNCHING INNOVATION & SUPPORTING BASE BUSINESS
- Assist Senior Manager on the planning and launch execution for Eye, collaborating with brand marketing peers and cross-functional partners to deliver with excellence brand initiatives that win in the market.
- Assist in the development and execution of marketing support initiatives to drive core base business products.
- Contribute to new initiative sizing for innovation P&L. Evaluate detailed sku-level performance biannually to recommend items for discontinuation.
MEDIA / PR
- Assist Senior Marketing Manager and Manager Social/Digital in developing paid and earned media briefs.
- Review & provide comprehensive feedback to manager on local media asset throughout process of media plan execution.
- Assist in preparation for all PR materials needed for PR events and product launches.
PREPARATION OF SALES / RETAILER MATERIALS
- Assist in preparation of sales materials, including internal webinar presentations to Sales teams and retailer line review presentation materials.
- Act as key contact for the Sales Information team to ensure commercial readiness milestones are completed on time.
- 4-year Undergraduate Degree
- 3-5 years of Marketing and/or Digital experience
- Beauty experience very strongly preferred
Special Skills Required:
Culturally Aware – Plugged into what’s trending, new and next and able to connect that awareness with business and planning strategies
Strategic- Planning, administration, facilitation, creativity, problem analysis, decision making
Business- Work-flow structuring, monitoring, product knowledge, account administration, automated office systems, multi-tasking, analytical, quantitative, organizational, detail-oriented, time management
Creativity and Innovation- Creativity, Business savvy, originality, intuition
Leadership and Personal- Motivating others, development of employees, effective communication, relationship-building, integrity, dependability, initiative, flexibility, sensitivity, impact, tenacity, autonomy, collaboration
Passion for Brands/Beauty – in-tune with the marketplace, seeks out new ideas and inspiration