Assistant Brand Manager, Mass Fragrance
The Assistant Brand Manager, US Mass Fragrance is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of business and marketing strategies to drive profitable growth for the US Mass Fragrance portfolio, inclusive of iconic household brand such as Nautica, Vera Wang, and Adidas.
The candidate will contribute business analysis, budgeting, forecasting, P&L management, pricing, and media and promotional strategies relating to the brand portfolio. He/she will provide business recommendations, creative thinking, proactive problem solving and open communication. The candidate will play a key role in coordinating across the cross-functional teams including Trade Marketing, Demand Planning, Global Marketing, E-Commerce, and local Media & PR.
The candidate has strong analytical, leadership and communication skills and is attuned to competitive environment and cultural trends. He/she is highly organized, detail oriented, has high quality standards and can manage multiple projects at once.
- Ongoing analyses of monthly sales data (Nielsen); prepare reports for senior management
- Analyze and derive insights from sales trends, competitive performance, and industry trends identifying risks and opportunities across the business
- Support in media planning, pricing, promotional strategy, forecasting and A&CP budget management
- Assist in deck development for monthly leadership meetings
- Lead 360 launch plans managing shopper marketing tactics. Partner with trade marketing to develop in-store activation centered around key consumption periods.
- Work in close partnership with Global Marketing team to support the development of long-term strategic direction including innovation pipeline
- Partner with Global Marketing for all License approvals
- Track consumption forecast and marketing spend budget (A&CP) vs. actuals and plan.
- Reconcile performance and budget actuals monthly in partnership with Finance
- Proficient P&L management and ownership
- Responsible for PO management and follow up
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT:
- Assist in forecast management: work with Trade Marketing to develop customer level forecast for innovation based on benchmark, fragrance trends, and retailer feedback. Work with Demand Planning to enter forecast in system and update forecast as needed.
- Prepare sales materials, including internal Webinar presentations to Sales teams and Retailer Line Review presentation materials.
- Act as key contract for the Sales Information Team to ensure commercial readiness milestones are completed on time.
MEDIA / ADVERTISING / PR:
- Assist Senior Manager in developing paid & earned media briefs
- Share timelines with Global partners & track availability to ensure assets are received ahead of key deadlines, collate & share with the media agency
- Assist in preparation for all PR materials needed for PR activation and product launches
APPLICATION PRE-REQUISITES: (Academic, Professional, Relevant Job Knowledge)
- 4-year Undergraduate Degree
- 3+ years minimum of relevant work experience in marketing
- Beauty / CPG experience strongly preferred
- Deep, unrelenting passion for Beauty
- Strong ability to work across different projects and cross-functionally. Must be able to work on multiple tasks at the same time and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail both qualitative and quantitative
- Strong inter-personal communication skills. Ability to work with many different teams.
- Familiar with Nielsen Database / NDP Reporting; MS Office Proficient (Excel and PowerPoint)