Assistant Brand Manager - MAX FACTOR
ASSISTANT BRAND MANAGER: MAX FACTOR
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re #1 in the world for Fragrance and #3 in the world in Colour Cosmetics with a portfolio of brands that have been known and loved for generations.
Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world. We have some of the most well-known brands in the categories of Fragrances, Colour Cosmetics and Skin & Body Care including Gucci, Chloé, Calvin Klein, Burberry, Marc Jacobs, Sally Hansen, philosophy, Adidas, Rimmel, Max Factor, COVERGIRL and the list goes on and on!
Coty is committed to building a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences helps us build better products, better serve our users, and build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
THE BRAND & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Are you looking for a challenge with huge potential for growth? The Max Factor team are looking for an Assistant Brand Manager. Reporting to the Senior Brand Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the continued growth of one of the UK’s most iconic & loved Beauty brands.
In this role, with support from the SBM, you will be responsible for leading the Lip and Nail categories. You will have a high-level input (along with the Brand Manager and Senior Brand Manager), in creating the future brand strategy for Max Factor. You are the guardian of brand equity and will ensure flawless execution across all touchpoints in line with our global guidelines.
You will be intellectually curious to understand the category and brand performance drivers through our many and varied data sources. You will be agile and persistent in discovering insights through data and using your natural tenacity to convert these into commercial opportunities and plans.
Your strong communication skills are vital to align all stakeholders, including functions such as sales, commercial excellence, finance, visual merchandising and supply chain
As a key member of the team, you will play a critical role in helping to create a positive team culture. Bringing strong energy and a collaborative working style. We’re looking for a strong team player.
If you’re looking to be part of a team that sets you apart from the rest, is high energy and super friendly, will work closely with you on your development, then this is the role for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Brand Strategy & Management
- With support from SBM, you will have full leadership and responsibility of the Lip & Nail segments. Identifying market risks and opportunities to build growth plans in line with business targets and brand goals.
- Be a U.K and market champion for your categories. Working closely with our global team to build strong activation plans for the local market.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to manage the design and production of local POS elements, ensuring they follow both Global guidelines and UK market requirements.
- Support with global innovation pipeline for Lip/Nail categories with initiative sizing, retailer sell ins and launch activation.
- Understanding of the media market and media plan, driving new thinking for activations for your categories.
- Liaising with internal PR/ Influencer Marketing team to drive consumer engagement and off and online reach.
- Collaborating with Digital Brand Manager to develop activations for your categories across organic & paid, as well as driving social support with key retailers.
- Working closely with the E-comm team to drive an online mentality, finding disruptive ideas and best in class execution across product launches.
- Undertaking pre & post analysis of launches and promotions.
- Performance and brand analysis of your categories on a monthly basis.
- Analysis of market trends, competitor activations and wider segment reviews.
- Local project management P&L assessment to ensure investments are delivering vs target KPIs and profitability targets.
- Work with internal teams on forecasts of all new initiatives and correct phasing in line with our sell-out ambitions.
- Along with internal cross divisional teams, support Senior Brand Manager on the co-management of the S&OP process, driving insights and actions for the accurate forecast for new and ongoing stock forecasts.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a Business related degree preferable.
- At least 1 year’s previous experience in a similar role. Ideally at ABM level currently but not essential.
- Experience working with the Microsoft Office suite with strong working knowledge of PowerPoint and excel.
- Strong and demonstrable passion for the beauty industry.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Analytical mindset; A doer who proactively seeks improvement, is a solution provider and a problem solver.
- Organized in action; Structured mind.
- A team player.
- Self-Starter; is passionate, enthusiastic and has fun in work achievement.
- Excellence in Execution; Takes responsibility for the quality of all deliverables, contributes to doing things better and faster.
- Leader mentality, owns it, drives it. Sees opportunities to fix/ improve processes, and drives stakeholders to support deliver this change.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Constructive networker; collaborates easily with others and adapts to different working styles.
- Change champion; is resilient and flexible, adapts to new challenges.
WHAT WE BRING:
Marketing & Sales
We drive growth, brand equity and customer loyalty with innovative products, digital campaigns, events, partnerships and in-store executions. Our work includes both the physical and digital world across all categories. We aim to be gamechangers in the beauty industry, winning the hearts and minds of consumers around the world.