Assistant Global Marketing Manager - Calvin Klein Fragrances
Assistant ManagerGlobal Marketing – Calvin Klein Fragrances
COTY LUXURY, New York, NY
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in
Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
Calvin Klein is an iconic global American fashion brand and leader in the fragrance industry. Provocative and modern, the global fashion house exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive modern aesthetic.
The Global Marketing Assistant Manager is responsible for aiding the brand product team in all areas of Global Product Marketing—strategic, operational and creative. He/she will work with direct manager to grow the brand, owning all operational aspects of development. He/she is responsible for assisting in research, development and implementation of new global product launches and communication strategies, aligned with corporate objectives.
The Global Marketing Assistant Manager will also support the team in New Business Development analyzing the cosmetic/fragrance business, thus proceeding with business recommendations and new ideas relevant to the overall growth of the category.
He/she will contribute to the total effectiveness of the department, communicating openly, solving problems proactively, offering creative ideas and working as a positive engaged team member.
- Participates in the development and activation of brand strategy and marketing programs.
- Help lead conceptual development of launch/marketing programs with internal and external teams (e.g. Creative, Packaging, Digital, Product Development, Merchandising, Public Relations, Agencies) and local markets via ongoing communication.
- Prepares on-going competitive analysis and gap assessment to help drive brand strategy and steer 3-year innovation plan.
- Provides regular recommendations on new approaches, strategies and new product initiatives as appropriate to senior marketers based on analysis output and/or market research .
- Partners with cross functional groups to bring new programs to market on time and in line with business objectives; initiates and manages cross-functional meetings and manages key development tools as needed.
- Prepares all paperwork to initiate new projects and development of all support elements. (Includes but not limited to gate meetings, offerings, cost of goods, briefs to cross functional partners, POs)
- Helps develop and manage annual tactical marketing plan, media plan and budget.
- Assists in development of marketing objectives, media guidelines, creative strategies and advertising campaign.
- Stays abreast of market and consumer trends, global and local to provide strategic and creative recommendations.
- Participates in development of digital marketing and social media launch strategies.
- Helps team develop all sale materials and global presentations for markets and retailers. Supports and participates in quarterly review process and periodic formal Brand Reviews, Brand Presentation.
- Collaborates with cross function groups to develop all point of sale and promotion elements (includes but not limited to merchandising, collateral, PWPs and GWPs).
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year Undergraduate Degree in Marketing or Related Field, MBA is a plus
- 3+ years of Marketing and/or related experience
Other Responsibilities and Skills
- Strong professional outlook and interpersonal skills to interface with all marketing support teams in order to actualize marketing programs. This includes on-going project management with Purchasing, Package Development, Creative, Displays, Finance, Research and Operations teams
- Interface with all internal support groups (e.g., Creative, Packaging, Purchasing, Finance) as well as external vendors (Ad Agency, Public Relations agency, Promotional houses)
- Execute plans via timely development of programs
- Provide accurate, well-organized data in a timely manner
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strategic- Planning, administration, facilitation, creativity, problem analysis, decision making
- Business- Work-flow structuring, monitoring, product knowledge, account administration, automated office systems, multi-tasking, analytical, quantitative, organizational, detail-oriented, time management
- Creativity and Innovation- Creativity, Business savvy, originality, intuition
- Leadership and Personal- Motivating others, development of employees, communication, objectivity, integrity, dependability, initiative, flexibility, sensitivity, impact, tenacity, autonomy, collaboration