Assistant Key Account Manager
If you are a Malaysian, from FMCG industry, an aspiring Key account executive/ Senior Exec looking for a managerial role, this is the best role for you to apply to.
Account Management & Maintenance:
- Managing and maintaining the key client accounts
- Has strong knowledge and awareness of competitor products/services, discount and pricing structures, and overall strengths and weaknesses in order to determine how best to service and motivate key accounts to stay with the business.
- Maintains an updated sales funnel and participates in regular sales reviews
- Maintains data and information relevant to key accounts for the purpose of conducting analyses that influence account-specific decision making.
- Responsible for ensuring that profitable sales volume and strategic objective targets are met for the assigned key accounts. He/ she is also responsible for assessing, clarifying, and validating the consumers’ needs on an ongoing basis, maintaining high customer satisfaction ratings that are up to the business’s standards
- Regularly follows up with the customers regarding orders and timely collections of the business’s products in order to obtain feedback on their level of satisfaction and note areas of sales performance improvement.
- Leads solution development for the identified improvement areas, coordinating involvement of any relevant business personnel.
- Responsible for the generation of business in the assigned accounts as well as the attainment of new accounts for the business. assists in the identification and evaluation of business opportunities by keeping an eye out for business best practices, trends, and principals that will enable the key account department to keep consumers satisfied and loyal to the business.
- Plays a major strategic role by implementing sales strategies that lead to high consumer satisfaction, hence, building awareness and credibility with the key clients as well as senior account management.
- Takes part in the strategic account planning process in which departmental financial targets, performance objectives, account management standards, and critical milestones over specific periods of time are decided upon.
- Implement and create joint business plans
- Able to prepare detailed proposals/quotes depending on each consumer’s requirements.
- Reviews target achievement and creates reports for senior account management, which facilitate the creation of informed account management decision-making and strategy formulation.
- Prepare pricing documentation for the business’s products/services and secures appropriate approval from senior key account managers prior to sending commercial proposals to key accounts.
- Maintenance of knowledge within the account management department on the best practices, market trends, consumer trends, and the competitive environment. Achieves this through regularly attending training sessions, for example, on new trending solutions and technologies.
- Constantly improving professional skills by leveraging on the learning and development platform within Coty.
- Strong collaborative nature to work closely with the various supporting stakeholders namely marketing, supply chain and finance teams
- Liaise with senior management in the creation and determination of departmental strategies, financial requirements, and account management standards.
- Minimum of 5 years in working experience in a key account position, preferably working as junior personnel in the account management department
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in any related field. An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable.
- Fast learner and able to work in a fast pace and highly competitive business environment
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills. A suitable candidate will also have demonstrated a great deal of sales experience, possessing an ability to drive sales and having met and even exceeded business targets.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: as this role will require handling of high-value business clients, the candidate must be able to consistently address those consumer concerns while offering clear, concise, and understandable responses to their prompts.
- High proficiency in Ms Word, PowerPoint, and Ms Excel for preparing reports and presentation, comfortable and confident in presenting to senior management
- Strong analytical skill: competitive analysis and planning for market insights while identifying new sales opportunity and strategy and financial analysis to identify profitable sales opportunities and the development of financially viable long-term key account plans.
- Interpersonal skill: Committed and goal orientated individual, be consumer/service-oriented, have a positive can-do attitude, be a calm and patient individual who is able to accommodate difficult consumers, be highly adaptable to change, work well under stress and uncertainty, inspiring the same in junior account management personnel.
- People skill: Establish strong and meaningful connections with consumers on behalf of the business, leading to expansion to the business’s consumer base and sales volume in the process.