Assistant Manager Max Factor
We’re Coty, one of the world’s largest beauty companies with an iconic portfolio of brands across fragrance, color cosmetics, and skin and body care. Coty is the global leader in fragrance and number three in color cosmetics. Coty’s products are sold in over 150 countries around the world. Coty and its brands are committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
In the role the individual will be reporting into a Marketing Manager and will get to discover many different aspects of global marketing focusing both on long-term brand building, as well as shorter-term business drivers like activations. The person will act as the category lead for LIP and NAIL and make business recommendations relevant to the overall growth of the brands in the beauty category.
The individual will assist in development and execution of annual global marketing plans, working with cross-functional teams and managing the day-to-day business needs.
The individual will be responsible for/lead and drive NAIL and LIP categories for Max Factor; with support of Marketing Manager and Director
- Responsible for product innovation and strategy within LIP and NAIL categories for brand: in line with brand and Coty strategies and visions for growth, considering sustainability objectives and various internal business analyses.
- Collaborate closely with the cross functional teams, including R&D functions, product lifecycle and procurement to successfully deliver innovation plans.
- Own and drive the direction of projects within LIP and NAIL categories; inclusive of the development of all marketing materials associated with innovation.
- Responsible for financial analysis through profit and loss of projects through established process.
- Work to support local marketing with their needs to successfully deliver their plans and incorporate market feedback where necessary.
- Responsible for marketing inputs and deadlines associated with innovation development.
- Present brand strategy and novelties to excite local marketing teams via regular deployment and sell-in meetings
- Work with the marketing team to develop a strong initiative master plan; contributing to overall brand strategy and vision.
- Assist with the development and execution of global plans to reach Financial targets defined for the brand.
- Other ongoing analysis: Conduct regular competitive analysis to identify key new claims and opportunities for brand
- Provide regular Nielsen data extraction and analysis on lead categories (FACE, EYE, LIP and NAIL)
- Support where required with the creation and distribution of marketing content across other categories (such as marketing folders for new launches; inclusive of product swatches, shade names and numbers etc)
- Occasional support with brand needs; eg collating updates for the brand newsletter, sample purchasing and PO placement
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Knowledge in some areas of marketing (programs development, media planning including digital, market analysis, market research, P&L & A&CP management, marketing plans development…) and project management skills
- Good project management skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Focus on results and tenacity to get things done on time and on budget despite internal and external obstacles
- Proactivity and start-up mindset: ability to move, propose new ideas and take actions before asked
- Good knowledge of cosmetics industry
- NPD, MS Office (specifically Excel, PowerPoint)
- 3+ years relevant work experience in marketing or product management
- Experience in beauty categories is a plus, experience in make-up would be ideal
- A bachelor's degree is required, and an MBA is preferred
- Analytical & Strategic- Big picture thinking, Planning, creativity, problem solving and analysis
- Business- Work-flow structuring, product knowledge, account administration, automated office systems, multi-tasking, analytical, quantitative, organizational, detail-oriented, time management
- Creativity and Innovation- Creativity, originality, intuition
- Leadership and Personal- Communication, objectivity, integrity, dependability, initiative, flexibility, sensitivity, impact, tenacity, autonomy, collaboration
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary based on your qualities and experience;
- Bonus plan based on your performance and company results;
- Attractive benefits packages;
- A healthy, fresh and sustainable lunch for a discounted price;
- A brand new building in the business area of Amsterdam-Zuid. The office is designed to maximize your performance, based on the new ways of working.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.