Assistant Marketing Manager, Global Marketing - Philosophy
We are actively looking for a Global Assistant Marketing Manager – Skincare Innovation.
This person should demonstrate a strong passion and knowledge of the skincare category, US & Global markets, and be an avid and enthusiastic consumer of skincare. This person will be manage strategic skincare projects across franchises and categories, in the form of both portfolio renovation/relaunch and new launches.
• Identify market trends & consumer insights to build strong skincare offerings and launch calendar to further the brand’s growth objectives and market share.
• Work closely with the R&D team to develop new and unique products leveraging consumer insights and latest technologies
• Proactively initiate and manage programs, driving deadlines and marketing deliverables in all aspects of new global program development, from concept and formulation to program kickoff, on time and within COG guidelines and budget.
• Manage day-to-day communication/development with all New Product Development cross functional teams including R&D, Initiative Leadership, Lifecyle Management, Packaging, Creative, Trade, Finance, Legal and Production to ensure timetable/milestone adherence. Includes leading all briefing meetings to kick-off program development, tracking key milestones in weekly cross-functional meetings, submitting and updating necessary briefs and cost feasibilities, requesting and tracking codes and forecasts, and reviewing product artwork mechanicals.
• Work closely with launch management team to identify accurate forecasting benchmark and track program success post launch
• Continuously work towards increasing SKU profitability with close attention to cost and SRP strategy, take part in pricing and discontinuation exercise once a year
• Stay abreast of global competitive activity and trends, conduct competitive analysis, assess new competitive product launches, and create presentation materials as needed
• Analyze competitive data (NPD Rankings, product mix, retail pricing, top selling promotions) to utilize as tool in seasonal planning and as needed
• Drive creation of internal presentations (i.e. Global Marketing Meeting, Strategic Plan, Budget Reviews, etc.)
THE COTY IDEAL FIT
- 4-year Undergraduate Degree in Marketing or Related Field
- 5+ years related experience in product marketing and project management within the Beauty industry
- Must demonstrate stronger than average project management skills and be able to seamlessly work across multiple projects involving multiple stakeholders and easily adapt to change
- Must be a self-starter, professionally mature, accountable, resourceful, organized and highly detail-oriented with accurate work output
- Must possess the ability to build, foster and nurture strong relationships and gain the respect of members of the cross-functional and affiliate teams
- Must be proactive in identifying problems and finding solutions
- Must show independence, proactiveness and strong sense of ownership; embracing both big picture objectives and follow-through on details
- Must have experience managing direct reports and delegating tasks
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent Microsoft skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Must be passionate about Beauty and understand philosophy’s unique point of difference in the market
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strategic- Planning, administration, facilitation, creativity, problem analysis, decision making
- Business- Work-flow structuring, monitoring, product knowledge, account administration, automated office systems, multi-tasking, analytical, quantitative, organizational, detail-oriented, time management
- Creativity and Innovation- Creativity, Business savvy, originality, intuition
- Leadership and Personal- Motivating others, employee development, communication, objectivity, integrity, dependability, initiative, flexibility, sensitivity, impact, tenacity, autonomy, collaboration
- Technical - Powerpoint, Excel, and Word