Assistant Product Manager
ASSISTANT PRODUCT MANAGER
MARKETING – TORONTO, ON
COTY is looking for smart leaders who are fast and passionate.
The Assistant Product Manager role is responsible for enhancing brand development and executing marketing programs and product launches strategies. This role will be expected to develop, communicate & execute overall marketing plans and launch animations for designated Mass Cosmetic brands. This position will need to offer fact based & creative business recommendations, while sticking within an assigned budget, which will be relevant to the overall size & growth of the brands.
The Assistant Product Manager will be expected to develop strong relationships with all key stakeholders across the organization internally & with any relevant third-party agencies.
You will be collaborative, lead by example and work closely with cross functional partners to fuel a collaborative culture.
To be successful, the Assistant Product Manager will be required to closely manage a brand portfolio by balancing Project management, creativity and strong financial business acumen.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Cascade global vision, articulate brand priorities & develop winning strategies for each brand
- Work closely with global marketing teams to align global vision with strong Canadian execution
- Optimize Marketing budget to build sustainable brand growth at a rate that is faster than the market
- Identify category white space, develop areas of opportunity, and improve marketing investment ROI
- Develop comprehensive brand activation calendars to avoid gaps and drains
- Maximize innovation with 360 plans for both in-store and online
- Participate in building of marketing budget during annual financial plan prep
- Work closely with internal cross functional teams and International Marketing to ensure that all products are available in time to meet business needs
- Work closely with Trade Marketing and Sales Team to ensure that promotional programs are viable and competitive to support our SOM goals
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, Sales, Trade Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain and Planning
- Ownership, accountability and tracking of brand marketing budgets
- Ability to take conceptual ideas and translate them into actionable programs
- Work with Marketing Coordinators to manage the sourcing, production, and distribution of all creative elements to support counter tools & visuals, special events, coop programs and retailer communications
- Provide timely service to Sales, Training and Public Relations related to marketing requests
- Track program costs & liaise with Finance on an ongoing basis to ensure all programs are in line with budgets
- Develop launch, promo & seasonal forecast benchmarks to support overall business growth projections
- Develop add / delete plans to drive sales, optimize inventory levels in stores and reduce returns
- Present fact-based insights to ensure business strategies are sound, goals are met, major projects and financial objectives are delivered
- Ensure that all local marketing efforts are consistent with direction given to us by our Global Marketing group, yet are still effective for the Canadian market
- Understand and share best practices from our competitive marketplace
- Provide clear and concise communication with all relevant team members
- Ensure that all changes to current and future programs are updated and communicated to all relevant parties
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ marketing experience in Mass Beauty industry
- Strong business acumen
- Advanced computer competency (PowerPoint & Excel)
- Use of NPD data analytics an asset
Special skills required:
- Creative marketer, strong social media and digital marketing expertise
- Demonstrated leadership skills, someone who leads by example & has strong team building skills
- Needs to work well under pressure and be able to adhere to timelines, while prioritizing workload and optimizing resources
- Ability to establish strong rapport at all levels, both internal and external
- Excellent analytical, interpretive, interpersonal, and presentation skills are a must
- Must be organized, disciplined and detail-oriented
- Toronto office – flexible remote work (50/50)
WHAT WE OFFER
This is unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You’ll get to work in a diverse environment with a team of professionals who are passionate about the work they do and know how to have some fun along the way.
Coty’s global omni-working policy provides the option to work up to 50% of your month in the office and 50% at home. We believe that a more flexible philosophy of work will give everyone the freedom to choose what works for their individual circumstances and empower them to always perform at their best.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.
Coty is deeply committed to Changing the Conversation around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in an effort to create a more open, inclusive, and diverse workplace where all employees can be their authentic self.