Demand Planner Export
Market Planner – Europe Distributor Markets
Department: Planning, Supply Chain
Coty, Geneva Switzerland
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Market Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with his/her assigned products. He/she creates and maintains forecast models for their products, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, customers, and other sources. The Market Planner is the supply chain integration point into the sales and commercial organizations. This position directly leads all dialogue each month for their respective products with key counterparts, internal and external.
- Review & maintain demand forecasts (operational forecasts) for multiple time horizons.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, collect forecast data, maintain statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Reconcile significant variances and root cause analyze problems to discuss action plans with management.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach in working with Sales, Marketing and Finance to obtain and ensure that accurate information is used for alignment meetings & reviews.
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool (JDA).
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer plans with supply planning for optimal fill rates.
- Work with Initiative and Marketing groups to determine timelines for the collection of promotional and new brand (or new SKU) forecasts. Collaborate in pre-S&OP meetings.
- Using SAP, Business Intelligence software, and JDA planning software, input data and generate reports that support S&OP processes.
- Monitor and evaluate KPI’s such as fill rate, forecast accuracy and alignment with financial plans. The process includes identifying gaps, recommending and implementing actions to improve performance in key areas.
- Prepare strategic and ad hoc analysis as needed or requested by management
THE COTY IDEAL FIT
- Experience in Supply Chain and/or Demand Planning
- BA/BS college degree
- Advanced Excel user
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Fluent in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team spirit and collaboration skills
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in Beauty industry
- APICS certification
- Knowledge of SAP and Manugistics planning software
Coty is one of the world’s largest beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, with a purpose to celebrate and liberate the diversity of consumers’ beauty. Its strong entrepreneurial heritage has created an iconic portfolio of leading beauty brands. Coty is the global leader in fragrance, a strong number two in professional salon hair color & styling, and number three in color cosmetics. Coty operates three divisions – Coty Consumer Beauty, which is focused on color cosmetics, retail hair coloring and styling products, body care and mass fragrances sold primarily in the mass retail channels with brands such as COVERGIRL, Max Factor and Rimmel; Coty Luxury, which is focused on prestige fragrances and skincare with brands such as Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Hugo Boss, Gucci and philosophy; and Coty Professional Beauty, which is focused on servicing salon owners and professionals in both hair and nail, with brands such as Wella Professionals, Sebastian Professional, OPI and ghd. Coty has approximately 20,000 colleagues globally and its products are sold in over 130 countries. Coty and its brands are committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment.
COTY IN GENEVA:
Coty has two offices in the Geneva area: L’Atelier Coty in Petit-Lancy which is a headquarter location and the research and development facility in Versoix. Geneva hosts several global and regional headquarters for some of its beauty divisions. We are proud of the diversity we have on campus with 500+ employees from 30+ different countries. Coty is a growing company and we are always looking for new talents to join our teams. If you want to experience what is it like to work for the challenger in the beauty industry come and join us for one of our exciting internship opportunities. We are launching in Geneva our Internship program with the ambition to develop an entry level pool of top talent whilst providing a learning and development experience for students and graduates.
Coty is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.