eData Analyst - Professional Beauty
COTY Professional Beauty
Division: COTY Professional Beauty
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Calabasas, CA
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The eData analyst is responsible for creating, reviewing and translating analytical data into actionable tactics and providing recommendations to support overall eCommerce activities. This individual is part of the e-retail team which is responsible for the development of online strategic plans across brands, and will provide actionable insights with regard to their assigned retailers. He or she will provide tactical support to facilitate the development of strategic online business planning.
- Gathering competitive intelligence and analysing impact on the market, our brands and our retail.com’s
- Facilitating the development of online merchandising plans that are aligned with marketing and sales objectives by providing tactical analytical support
- Providing analytical data to support strategic brand or retailer initiatives
- Supporting the field sales execution of customer specific business plans and initiatives by providing analytical data
- Prepare/Analyze Customer P&L submissions (TCI – Total Customer Investment), and provide timely updates on key measures/drivers with insights for customer profitability improvement and optimal return on investment
- Create analytical/forecasting models
- Provide financial & analytical support to eCommerce team including: generating forecasts, identifying white space opportunities, distributing reports and managing customer spend/budget
- Providing analytics to support the tracking and monitoring of ROI of merchandising and marketing spend
- Providing analytics to support pre-program, program and post program (or launch) plans
- Assisting in tracking of owed media performance
- Assisting in tracking of search performance at retailer
- Monitor, track and proactively report business performance, identifying issues, opportunities and challenges on Gross Sales and customer investments.
- Prepare various ad-hoc analytical reports and other presentations to aid senior management in decision making, systematically finding ways to be more efficient.
- Work closely with cross-functional groups I.e. Sales, FP&A, Demand Planning, Brand Finance, Internal Audit and IT on key Company initiative
- 4 year degree
- 4+ year’s analytics experience, ecommerce preferred
Special skills required:
- Ability to utilize both internal and syndicated data systems and access, interpret and draw accurate conclusions to make the case for a plan of action or decision.
- Ability to utilize the analysis of a variety of sources of data to develop solid, actionable recommendations that address specific goals/objectives and tell the business story.
- Possesses ability to positively influence buyers, decision makers and internal business partners up one or more management levels to achieve OGSM, customer business volume plan and positively impact decision making
- Demonstrates an ability to create fact based presentation to translate sales data to achieve objectives in line with the customer strategy
- Ability to develop plans around distribution, merchandising, pricing and planogram placement
- Ability to retrieve, prepare and deliver persuasive information in fact based presentations to gain support for business objectives with customers and internal business partners
- Serves as an active and high performing member of a team, and works on internal project teams as needed to foster a culture of growth and collaboration
- Represents the face of the company to the trade and the voice of the customer to the organization.
- Demonstrates the ability to penetrate the appropriate customer, customer team and internal functions to achieve maximum results on sales objectives
- Acts with urgency to make the most of opportunities, address customer needs, and accomplish goals and objectives on the day to day business needs for sales including the support of new item launches with excellence on speed to market with maximum shelf impact for the opportunity
- Ability to complete projects and organize work independently to produce stated outcomes
- Ability to plan appropriate tactics according to established business strategies to support customer and brand objectives
- Ability to manage funds and resources for the best ROI for the company, and analyze data and institute good solutions and actions to solve problems proactively on a customer or team
- Ability to identify risks and opportunities to management, and prioritize competing demands for resources of time and money
- Ability to accurately forecast volume and/or track and complete specific project to meaningful deadlines
- Cross Category experience by transferring to counter role
- Trade Marketing Manager, e-commerce
- Sales Position
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strategic- Planning, administration, facilitation, creativity, problem analysis, decision making
- Business- Work-flow structuring, monitoring, product knowledge, account administration, automated office systems, multi-tasking, analytical, quantitative, organizational, detail-oriented, time management
- Creativity and Innovation- Creativity, Business savvy, originality, intuition
- Leadership and Personal- Motivating others, development of employees, communication, objectivity, integrity, dependability, initiative, flexibility, sensitivity, impact, tenacity, autonomy, collaboration
We are Coty – and our people make us who we are.
It’s important that we find individuals who are a great fit for our business, not just for us but for you too. We want people to thrive here and, if you are the right culture fit with us and we with you, you’ll be able to shine and achieve beyond your own expectations.
- For us, beauty is and beauty does. We are very focused because we all want the same thing: to help our consumers celebrate and liberate the diversity of their beauty – and that takes creativity, excellence and radical thinking – we are here to disrupt the beauty industry on behalf of consumers and you need to want to join that mission to succeed here.
- We have an energetic intensity about us. We’re quite relentless in our determination to deliver, always accountable for our actions and tenacious. We will not be beaten by obstacles.
- Responding quickly with agile thinking to business challenges and opportunities is second nature to us. We like it that way as it means we can be creative and find new ways to make things happen fast. Colleagues will expect it of you and you’ll expect it of them – we’re a team and we help each other. We’re all in it together – irrespective of level or part of the business.
- We always go the extra mile, pushing the boundaries to be that best partner we can be to our customers and to excite and delight our consumers.
- When you join Coty, you become part of a vibrantly diverse and energetic group who have fun in an intense sort of way. Because we’re not just here for the ride, we want to change things.
Coty’s purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of our consumers’ beauty. Aligned to
this is our mission – to strive over time to become the global industry leader by being the clear challenger in beauty, delighting consumers and creating long term shareholder value.
We are one of the world’s largest beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, and our strong entrepreneurial heritage has created an iconic portfolio of leading beauty brands.
As the global leader in fragrance, a strong number two in professional salon hair color & styling,
and number three in color cosmetics, we operate across three divisions:
- Coty Consumer Beauty: focused on color cosmetics, retail hair coloring and styling products, body care and mass fragrances sold primarily in the mass retail channels with brands such as COVERGIRL, Max Factor and Rimmel
- Coty Luxury: focused on prestige fragrances and skincare with brands such as Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Hugo Boss, Gucci and philosophy
- Coty Professional Beauty: focused on servicing salon owners and professionals in both hair and nail with brands such as Wella Professionals, Sebastian Professional, OPI and ghd
Coty is a truly global player with over 20,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries in Asia, Latin America, Australia, Middle East and Africa, as well as Europe and North America and products sold in over 130 countries and territories. Our headquarters are in London, New York, Geneva and Paris.
Want to know more?
For additional information about Coty Inc., please visit www.coty.com.
At Coty, we embrace Diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability.