GL Accountant - Holding
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The candidate will have P&L and Balance Sheet responsibility for monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and reporting of financial results for various legal entities, as well as primary input to the annual statutory reporting and will be working in a GL team. There will be close liaison with the Finance Controller, CFO Benelux and the Company Auditors.
Accounting Process – To provide accurate, reliable, timely accounting for and production of monthly, quarterly and annual P&L and Balance Sheet for the various fiscal holding entities. The activities in these entities are mainly Treasury, Licenses and Trademark related but also include various activities related to the holding of intercompany affiliates.
- Controlling/checking of automatic interfaces for Treasury etc. together with responsibility for calculating and making necessary journal entries on the General Ledger (SAP).
- Ensuring reliable accounting for company taxes, leases, accruals, prepayments, depreciation and all statutory accounting requirements.
- As a result of the Group Treasury structure, responsibilities include Treasury back-office activities.
- As a result of the companies group structure, responsibilities include various activities related to the holding of intercompany affiliates.
Financial planning and forecasting
- Assist with the preparation of the annual operating plan/budget and monthly/quarterly latest estimates for the Holding companies providing explanations for key variances and take ownership for own area of responsibility.
Legal and Tax
- Assist in handling of various taxes and legal requirements that result from the Holding, License, Trademark and Treasury activity.
Corporate central support function
- Assist in monthly/quarterly submission of P&L and Balance Sheet from various Group Companies to the Parent Company. Acts as a Month end single point of contact (SPOC) for allocated entity.
- Acts as a facilitator and coordinator of the end to end MEC (Month End Close) process ensuring compliance with internal policies, local regulations and US GAAP requirements.
- Ensure reporting is completed on time and with accuracy.
- Understands the Accounting processes for Record to Report General Ledger and MEC activities from an End to End point of view and is knowledgeable of linkages with other processes and has the ability to identify proper resolution if required.
- Ensures Governance and controls adhered to including Sarbanes–Oxley compliance.
- Assist other team members if required.
- Involvement in ad-hoc analysis and decision support.
- Actively participate in projects upon request.
- Continuous review of IT system structures/processes to enhance business analysis, efficiency and management reporting. Coty Benelux is working with SAP, BW, Hyperion / Essbase as core business and financial systems.
- Qualifications - strong base degree – HBO and 3 years experience in commercial based or holdings company. Good knowledge of Dutch GAAP. Understanding of Luxembourg GAAP/legislation and US GAAP would be a distinct advantage.
- Integrity – working in Accounting/Finance (transparency, confidentiality of numbers etc.) requires the utmost honesty and trust.
- Technical skills - solid understanding of accounting rules and principles, company taxes and government statistics.
- Action oriented – proactive motivated self-starter who accepts responsibility and can focus on key objectives.
- Communication/team player - strong communication skills and a team player to interact with and influence key stakeholders. Fluent in English as well as Dutch, French is an advantage.
- Application skills – strong overall IT ability with particular exposure to ERP/Financial Reporting systems (SAP & HFM/Essbase), multi-relational databases (BW), PC based software (Excel models) and Microsoft Office package
- Commercial / Industrial exposure – work experience in Treasury accounting, Holding activity, handling Tax returns and intrastat would be a distinct advantage.