IT System Analyst
Ensure the streamlined operation of the service provided Enterprise Client Services (ECS) department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
Plan, coordinate, and execute IT-related activities of the organization, providing hands on technical knowledge and support for daily operational activities of the ECS department.
Work closely with the IT Manager and decision makers in other departments to provide and support IT solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Strategy & Planning
- Work with the IT Manager and local teams on operational planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and executing day to day support activities.
- Attend meetings with the business in order to discuss issues and requests
- Acquisition & Deployment
- Analyze, report on, and make suggestions for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Work with the IT Manager to develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Ensure the implementation of and compliance with all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Work with the IT Manager to manage relationships with 3rd parties and vendors.
- Operational Management
- Provide deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrades, and support of all IT systems, including servers, laptops and PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Hands-on provision of end-user services, including service desk and technical support services.
- Work with the IT Manager and stakeholders to define business, and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts and day to day support.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
- Assist with the management of telecommunications (fixed and mobile) and audiovisual (AV) systems, meeting room setup and network technologies and protocols
- Carry out daily administration and troubleshooting for computer equipment, servers, LAN/WAN/Riverbed and provide hands-on troubleshooting support as required
- Support the ECS Leadership as needed and contribute to specific projects, strategic planning and implementation
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or equivalent experience
- 2 – 3 years’ team leader experience in IT service, infrastructure and similar roles
- Certifications in ITIL.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including WAN, LAN, VLAN and WLAN.
- Hands-On experience and knowledge of Storage technologies SAN, NAS, NFS, iSCSi protocol
- Knowledge of IT-Operations and System Management tools
- Hands-On experience and knowledge of Data Backup and Data Recovery
- Hands-On experience and knowledge of virtualization technologies including VMWare and VEAM.
- Good understanding of project management principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to work under pressure, and to tight deadlines with a multi-task workload.
- Keen attention to detail, with proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and able to adapt to a fast changing and challenging environment.