Manager, Education Capability, NA
COTY Professional Beauty
Manager, Education Capability, NA
Division: COTY Professional Beauty
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Calabasas, CA
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY
As part of the North American Capability team, this role is responsible to support the Capability of our Full time Lead Trainers, Brands’ Artists and educators. The role is to support the Sr Manager in organization, deployment and facilitation of training content. You will execute trainings to meet the GTM education model to compliment and strengthen all distribution channels (incl. Hair Salons, Independent stylists, Professional Stores and E-Commerce). This role supports all Coty Professional Beauty brands (hair and nail).
Your core Responsibilities will be the following:
- Partner with the Sr Manager who owns the connect with the NA Brand Education Team and Field Education teams to develop the education trainings while setting priorities to enable best-in-class education classes, seminars and trainings tied to the marketing initiative and base business goals at all Education Touch Points (salons, stores, digital, studios, shows & Events, and schools).
- Collaborates with Field Education Managers to capture the needs for each internal/external training.
- Stay up to date on competitive brands product launches and education initiatives.
- Organizes and develops multimedia trainings (ZOOM, Facebook LIVE) and other educational and Capability materials.
- Responsible to assist the Sr Manager with the ongoing Capability and assessment for all Field and Studio Signature Artists.
- Present and deploy Capability initiatives at Education Trainings and Sales Trainings/ meetings.
- Participates, leads, adapts and customizes all trainings (digital and analog) to meet the various brand channel needs and requirements.
- Manage capability of e-commerce customer service – owning all onboarding, brand updates and trainings both face to face and virtually.
- Attends regional and company meetings for further personal and career development
THE COTY IDEAL FIT
- Licensed hairdresser
- Knowledge/Experience in the Nail Professional Salon industry
- A wide range of core skills including: Customer and Channel understanding, strategy and Global Capability/NA multi-functional teams’ collaboration
- A deeper understanding of various education teams and how capability ties to go-to-market execution
- Organizational and business mastery, simplification and mentorship
- Acting as an owner of your responsibilities
- Adaptive in a changing work and duty environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Software skills: very good use and knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, iPad/App)
- Proven track record in building organization capability and design
- Training development (concepts, go to market, new capabilities (i.e. digital, etc) and programs for product initiatives
- Strong project management skills, managed budgets and P+L
- Experience working in the field, face to face with salons/stylists
- Excellent teaching and coaching skills on adult learners; Strong communication and facilitation (clear, precise) Training and development of others
- Good understanding of competitive landscape of other companies regarding field education and understanding how to develop programs to meet market needs with a clear point of difference
- Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, refugee, asylee or lawful permanent resident Fluent in English; spoken and written
10% of time minimum. Some travel required.
We are Coty – and our people make us who we are.
It’s important that we find individuals who are a great fit for our business, not just for us but for you too. We want people to thrive here and, if you are the right culture fit with us and we with you, you’ll be able to shine and achieve beyond your own expectations.
- For us, beauty is and beauty does. We are very focused because we all want the same thing: to help our consumers celebrate and liberate the diversity of their beauty – and that takes creativity, excellence and radical thinking – we are here to disrupt the beauty industry on behalf of consumers and you need to want to join that mission to succeed here.
- We have an energetic intensity about us. We’re quite relentless in our determination to deliver, always accountable for our actions and tenacious. We will not be beaten by obstacles.
- Responding quickly with agile thinking to business challenges and opportunities is second nature to us. We like it that way as it means we can be creative and find new ways to make things happen fast. Colleagues will expect it of you and you’ll expect it of them – we’re a team and we help each other. We’re all in it together – irrespective of level or part of the business.
- We always go the extra mile, pushing the boundaries to be that best partner we can be to our customers and to excite and delight our consumers.
- When you join Coty, you become part of a vibrantly diverse and energetic group who have fun in an intense sort of way. Because we’re not just here for the ride, we want to change things.
Coty’s purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of our consumers’ beauty. Aligned to this is our mission – to strive over time to become the global industry leader by being the clear challenger in beauty, delighting consumers and creating long term shareholder value.
We are one of the world’s largest beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, and our strong entrepreneurial heritage has created an iconic portfolio of leading beauty brands.
As the global leader in fragrance, a strong number two in professional salon hair color & styling, and number three in color cosmetics, we operate across three divisions:
- Coty Consumer Beauty: focused on color cosmetics, retail hair coloring and styling products, body care and mass fragrances sold primarily in the mass retail channels with brands such as COVERGIRL, Max Factor and Rimmel
- Coty Luxury: focused on prestige fragrances and skincare with brands such as Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Hugo Boss, Gucci and philosophy
- Coty Professional Beauty: focused on servicing salon owners and professionals in both hair and nail with brands such as Wella Professionals, Sebastian Professional, OPI and ghd
Coty is a truly global player with over 20,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries in Asia, Latin America, Australia, Middle East and Africa, as well as Europe and North America and products sold in over 130 countries and territories. Our headquarters are in London, New York, Geneva and Paris.
Want to know more?
For additional information about Coty Inc., please visit www.coty.com
Equal Employment Opportunities
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo
Interested in this opportunity? Please visit and apply at Coty’s Career Opportunities