Manager, Field Education Business - Texas
COTY Professional Beauty
Manager, Field Education Business - Texas
Division: COTY Professional Beauty
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Field, Texas
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As part of the US Education Street Team, the role is responsible of managing a Coty Professional sales territory and coach a team of independent stylist contractors. The FEBM role is to develop strong education plans to strengthen the distribution channel which incl. DSO and BSG Distributors servicing Hair Salons and Professional Stores. The role is to partner with customers and sales on delivering and executing the education strategy designed fit for use to the customer individual business incl. classes and events. The role will be working with multiple sales roles Regional Sales Managers, Account Managers and Distributor Sales Consultants. The role will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Field Education West Division (TX), the role is location free, but with expected presence in Los Angeles office for capability training.
- Manage a Coty Professional sales territory by developing strong Education plans tied to Sales goals, Education Scorecard, Deliverables and the brand initiative calendar
o Manage Independent Contractor, travel and entertainment budgets
o Responsibility for developing Independent Contractor’s to meet current and future business needs; reinforces existing capability to sustain current business results
o Oversee recruitment of Independent Stylist Contractors
o Hair industry experience to effectively deploy all education seminars and programs and establishes clear expectations on how we want the Coty Professional Education team to show up, leading the industry
o Builds effective networks both internally and externally for learning, sharing and benchmarking. Builds and maintains relationships with the education teams, customers and sales teams
o Acts as an owner of the business and answers for results. Puts in place a plan of action; follows through to achieve exceptional results
o Understands how things get done in the organization and how decisions get made
o In touch with trends, current thinking and issues within the beauty/hair & nail industry
o Attends regional and company meetings for further personal and career development
Education function is linked to multiple functions within the organization. Below is key points of contact:
- Sales Team- Partnering with sales channel leaders.
- Education Shows/Event Team- Event support to execute best in class event to grow the business
- F&A Team- Responsible for Independent Contractor, travel and entertainment budgets
THE COTY IDEAL FIT
- Licensed hairdresser
- Ability to drive and travel long distances for extended periods
- Excellent teaching and coaching skills on adult learners
- Adaptive in a changing work and duty environment
- Excellent people knowledge, organization and administrative skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Fluent in English; spoken and written
- Strong communication and facilitation (clear, precise)
- Software skills: very good use and knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, iPad/App)
- Valid driver’s license
Travel Amount Required:
- 60% at the minimum
We are Coty – and our people make us who we are.
It’s important that we find individuals who are a great fit for our business, not just for us but for you too. We want people to thrive here and, if you are the right culture fit with us and we with you, you’ll be able to shine and achieve beyond your own expectations.
- For us, beauty is and beauty does. We are very focused because we all want the same thing: to help our consumers celebrate and liberate the diversity of their beauty – and that takes creativity, excellence and radical thinking – we are here to disrupt the beauty industry on behalf of consumers and you need to want to join that mission to succeed here.
- We have an energetic intensity about us. We’re quite relentless in our determination to deliver, always accountable for our actions and tenacious. We will not be beaten by obstacles.
- Responding quickly with agile thinking to business challenges and opportunities is second nature to us. We like it that way as it means we can be creative and find new ways to make things happen fast. Colleagues will expect it of you and you’ll expect it of them – we’re a team and we help each other. We’re all in it together – irrespective of level or part of the business.
- We always go the extra mile, pushing the boundaries to be that best partner we can be to our customers and to excite and delight our consumers.
- When you join Coty, you become part of a vibrantly diverse and energetic group who have fun in an intense sort of way. Because we’re not just here for the ride, we want to change things.
Coty’s purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of our consumers’ beauty. Aligned to this is our mission – to strive over time to become the global industry leader by being the clear challenger in beauty, delighting consumers and creating long term shareholder value. We are one of the world’s largest beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, and our strong entrepreneurial heritage has created an iconic portfolio of leading beauty brands. As the global leader in fragrance, a strong number two in professional salon hair color & styling, and number three in color cosmetics, we operate across three divisions:
- Coty Consumer Beauty: focused on color cosmetics, retail hair coloring and styling products, body care and mass fragrances sold primarily in the mass retail channels with brands such as COVERGIRL, Max Factor and Rimmel
- Coty Luxury: focused on prestige fragrances and skincare with brands such as Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Hugo Boss, Gucci and philosophy
- Coty Professional Beauty: focused on servicing salon owners and professionals in both hair and nail with brands such as Wella Professionals, Sebastian Professional, OPI and ghd
Coty is a truly global player with over 20,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries in Asia, Latin America, Australia, Middle East and Africa, as well as Europe and North America and products sold in over 130 countries and territories. Our headquarters are in London, New York, Geneva and Paris.
Want to know more?
For additional information about Coty Inc., please visit www.coty.com
Equal Employment Opportunities
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo
Interested in this opportunity? Please visit and apply at Coty’s Career Opportunities