Manager, Social Media & Community
Manager, Social Media & Community
Coty Professional Beauty, Los Angeles
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in
Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
We are actively looking for our future Social Media and Community manager. Reporting into the Global Digital Director and leading a social media coordinator, digital education coordinator and community management interns, continue to drive social performance, engagement and follower growth on organic channels.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Driving social strategy for all social channels, with clear understanding of how to target relevant audience segments through which content format and on which platforms. Constantly strive to grow organic following and engagement own organic social weekly & monthly reporting
- Defining global vs local social strategy and develop clear guidance & playbooks for local markets on how to create local on-brand content
- Managing performance of social channels
- Working with media buying as a strategic advisor on paid social best practice. Defining campaign KPIs and success metrics to facilitate transparent reporting
- Owning social & blog calendar as well as social content tookits to communicate to local markets
- Strategic execution and publishing of all social content including testing of frequency, timing and content type optimization (visual content, hashtag keywords, use of emojis etc) to keep improving social performance.
- Briefing social agency and partner with creative team to come up with new social content formats as well as disruptive, growth hacking social branding ideas
- Owning content production process for the always-on, trends, SEO and culturally relevant moments, supervising monthly shoots at social agency, and delivering blog calendar and posts.
- Working with website and email team to run UGC contests for the pro and consumer audiences and communicate best UGC of the month on social, email and .com
- Leveraging Olapic, Tribe and social platforms to source UGC and IGC that can be repurposed for awareness and organic brand communications with view to increase engagement and decrease content production costs
- Developing and maintain program to run strategic like-minded brand social partnerships to increase brand exposure to new audiences
- Owning micro-influencer program and relationship with Influenster platform team for 5 markets, with view to drive awareness, product trial and sales
- Jointly with the PR team, building in-house influencer network to be activated across mini/micro, mid tier and macro. Build community of brand advocates that speak on brand’s behalf and convert their followers to the OPI brand + work with PR to build influencer selling program
- With the support of the community management interns and digital education coordinator, manage our community and audience by actively answering questions and concerns posted on our social channels, engaging with comments, reaching out to users and brands talking about us and not following us, and celebrating our brand followers and advocates through UGC program
- Staying abreast of social user trends and shifting behavior to be a social trendsetter as opposed to reacting late to new trends
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related area of study
- 4+ years of experience managing social media and online communities
- 3+ years of experience in social/influencer marketing is required
- Proven ability to think of social both as content channels and platforms with features/functionality to hack
- Proven experience leading community management for a brand, preferably a global beauty/fashion brand
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive and professional work environment
- Previous experience in people management/development is a plus
- Previous experience using Sprinklr is a plus
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities,
experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo