Marketing Manager, Gucci Beauty
The individual will be responsible for the strategic planning and execution of the 360 marketing plans for Gucci Beauty (make-up & collection: The Alchemist’s Garden) in the US as we grow our distribution in department stores and specialty channel.
The candidate will shape budgeting, forecasting, media planning, in-store and online merchandising, P&L tracking, pricing and promotional strategies relating to the brand. The person will act as the brand guardian in the US and make business recommendations relevant to the overall growth of the brand in the beauty category.
- Developing 3-year brand strategy and executing marketing plans to ensure continued growth of portfolio/brand/franchise
- Support in media planning, pricing, merchandising and promotional strategy
- Support end-to-end media plan process from media agency briefing to approval requests
- Collaborate on influencer strategy with in-house Influencer Team
- Keep track of weekly market share (NPD), rankings at retailers and POS data (internal system)
Prepare brand reviews decks for management
- Build 360 launch plans in collaboration with N+1 and cross functional teams
- Update launch calendar and launch reports on a weekly basis
- Work in close partnership with Global Marketing team (based in Paris) to support global in the development of long-term strategic direction including innovation pipeline
- Perform competitive analyses, analyzing risks and opportunities
- Track revenue forecast and marketing spend budget (A&CP) vs. actuals and plan
- Proficient P&L management and ownership
- Responsible for PO management and follow up
- Forecast management (saleable and non-saleable items): help enter forecast in system for initiatives based on benchmark, fragrance trends and retailer feedback. Update forecast as needed.
- Work with Demand Planning and Sales Operations teams to ensure accuracy in forecasts and calendarization of saleable and promotional items in order to achieve quarterly profit targets.
- Keep SKU assortment lists by retailer or channel updated and communicate with cross-functional teams accordingly.
- Provide SKU logistics information to cross-functional teams as requested.
- Work with local and global merchandising teams on strategy as well as instore and online execution.
- Ensure brand cohesiveness across all brick & mortar doors despite customization by channel as well as online.
- Ensure brand guidelines are respected in all instore merchandising executions (permanent and temporary) as well as online.
- Sign off on all visual merchandising concepts and renderings.
Creation, review and approval of all planograms.
Ensure perfect in-store and online execution of the brand.
- Manage eventing strategy and support in store and digital execution for launches and ongoing.
- Monitor online stores and B&M stores on a regular basis (following company’s health and safety guidelines).
- Create seasonal sell books and maintain them up-to-date.
- Access and monitor creative assets library (pack shots, product descriptions, mock ups, online assets, visual merchandising guidelines, education guidelines). Fulfill requests as needed.
- Day-today administrative tasks to support the brands as needed.
Plan trade activation with sales (sell-in, sell-thru teams) and channel strategy teams.
- Create and update retailer presentations as needed.
- Support retailer and business partner presentations as needed.
- Collaborate on Ecommerce strategy (Retailer.com, Pure Players).
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA degree in Marketing preferred.
- 5+ years in prestige beauty marketing experience; familiar with Sephora/Department stores make-up landscape plus working with a license
- Strong P&L fundamentals
- Knowledge in all areas of beauty marketing (program development, media planning including digital, market analysis, market research, P&L management, marketing plans development) and critical project management skills.
- Strong commercial mindset and business acumen with deep analytical skills.
- Very strong attention to detail: the ideal candidate will love digging into details
- Strong ability to work across different projects and cross functionally. Must be able to work on multiple tasks at the same time and work well in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of US makeup environment – luxury in particular (competitive brands, retail environment, digital activations) at Sephora and in US department stores.
- Ideal candidate would have experience working with a licensor partner.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- NPD Market Research, MS Office (proficient in Excel and PowerPoint).
Big picture thinking, Planning, creativity, problem solving and analysis
Work-flow structuring, product knowledge, account administration, automated office systems, multi-tasking, analytical, quantitative, organizational, detail-oriented, time management
- Creativity, originality, intuition
- Communication, objectivity, integrity, dependability, initiative, flexibility, sensitivity, impact, tenacity, autonomy, collaboration, resourceful, ability to work cross functionally and build strong relationships across teams.