Senior HR Business Partner UKI
We are Coty, one of the world’s leading beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, a rich entrepreneurial heritage and an iconic portfolio of leading brands. We’re World #1 in Fragrance and World #3 in Colour Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 50 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
Senior HR Business Partner – Coty UKI, Wimbledon
Are you interested to work with some of the world’s most famous luxury fragrance and cosmetic brands such as Gucci, Burberry, Chloe, Marc Jacob, Hugo Boss, Rimmel and philosophy? We are Coty UKI, and we are recruiting for a Senior HR Business Partner in an exciting senior HR generalist role that sits in the UKI market office, based in Wimbledon and reports to Senior HRD UKI.
The role is the Senior HR Business Partner for three distinct populations i) UKI Supply Chain ii) UKI Finance and iii) Global functions based in the UK. In total, the population comprising of circa 120 employees. Alongside HRBP responsibilities you will also have overall accountability for Sustainability, Health & Safety and DE & I. You will also act as a deputy to the Senior HRD on key topics and during leadership team meetings where needed.
The ability to wear a strategic hat and be solution driven is also key, where you’ll partner closely with the Senior HR Director on coming up with new initiatives and processes across HR. You must be able to think long-term and see the bigger picture in their journey.
In this role you will have three direct reports – Facilities Manager, an HR Assistant (split reporting line) and an HR intern. You will also be required to act as a coach and mentor to two HRBPs.
The role scope includes a range of HR Business Partnering responsibilities from case management to coaching people managers on executing HR cyclical processes. The role will support across areas including employee engagement, talent and performance management, training and development, employee relations, compensation, benefits etc., relying as necessary on Coty HR Centers of Excellence and market/in-country HR Leads.
We are looking for a self-confident individual with a ‘can do’ attitude who comes with a solid grounding on all aspects of HR generalist activity. In this role, you will need to act as an ER expert and be able to manage complex ER issues. More importantly, we are after candidates who are proven effective communicators who have a demonstrated track record of navigating through a matrixed organization whilst influencing senior stakeholders with ease.
We want someone who can rapidly build strong relationships with a diverse set of VPs, Senior Directors and employees from multiple functions. The candidate must have demonstrable experience of delivering high-quality results within a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, where they’ve had proven success in managing changing circumstances through a flexible, adaptable and pragmatic approach. The role reports to the Senior HR Director, Coty UKI.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
A summary of the key responsibilities of the Senior HRBP role includes but is not limited to;
- Actively coach and be a thought partner with senior leaders on all aspects of the people agenda geared at maximising performance and potential of the talent within the business.
- As HR’s capability develops in people analytics, you will provide data-driven people and organisational insights for decision making. To that end, you should design and implement HR scorecard for each function that you manage.
- Proactively build a network of internal and external contacts within the industry to facilitate the delivery of key objectives in the most efficient and appropriate manner possible
- Building trust and credibility with teams, to coach, support and direct as appropriate in finding the right solution to their needs
- Lead, advise and guide the scoping and implementation of any organisational restructures, providing challenge and insight to the wider business strategic direction and business unit goals.
- Support and develop business leaders in the identification of talent. Provide guidance and advice on action plans to support retention and development of high potential individuals, and in conjunction with the business, develop robust succession plans with actions clearly identified and planned for.
- Lead the management of our annual people cycle activities, including performance, talent management and reward, ensuring our line managers are well-equipped and enabled to have quality conversations
- Lead on specific recruitment, including liaison with central recruitment functions, agencies, candidates (internal and external) etc.
- Be the key liaison for HR COEs, such as Global Talent, Compensation & Benefits, Global Mobility, HRIS, Talent Acquisition etc. to ensure the populations you manage are joined up with global processes and best practices are implemented on-site as appropriate
- Implement and ensure smooth delivery of annual talent, performance management and compensation cycles, whilst focusing on upskilling people manager populations on these topics
What You Will Bring
- Your career so far will demonstrate proven experience in a Senior HR Business Partner or equivalent role, delivering tangible outcomes that make a real difference to the business and your client group.
- You will need to have a collaborative, relationship-led approach, and a pragmatic ‘can do’ mindset, along with the ability to influence with integrity.
- Coaching is important to us, and we’re also looking for a strong knowledge of core HR such as performance and talent management, engagement and employee relations.
- Has a good insight into the overall workings of the business and the evolving role of the HR function as enabling business partners
- Has a partnership mindset and is able to balance empathy/understanding with business realities
- Strong communicator, who can explain complex matters in a straightforward way, without HR jargon, and influence stakeholders effectively
- Results focus – highly driven, self-starter, able to operate autonomously, prioritizes ruthlessly, overcomes obstacles and takes accountability
- Problem solving/judgment/comfort with ambiguity - recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, coaches business to make timely, often sensitive decisions. Is not fazed by ambiguity and uses own resourcefulness to find solutions.
- Organizational skills – has effective organizational skills, with a highly structured approach, builds allies and relationships across a matrixed structure
- Relationship-management skills – able to develop strong, credible relationships across all levels of the organization; challenging stakeholders where necessary and influencing decision-making through persuasive argumentation
- Initiative - tackles problems head-on and takes independent action, get things done in a complex multi-level organization and is passionate about self-development.
- Adaptability and comfort with pace & change - Enjoys working in an ever-changing environment where the business / industry may be rapidly evolving in line with shifting internal/external realities. Stands as a positive change ambassador during tough situations.
WHAT WE OFFER
This role offers the opportunity for interested candidates to become ‘challengers’ and ‘innovators’ within a future-oriented, visionary HR function that is passionate about fueling business and people growth. Operating within a fast-moving industry and dynamic category, the successful candidate will flourish in the heart of a local market office. They will benefit from daily learning opportunities and have the unique ability to shape their careers through gaining a truly multi-faceted experience within a pioneering organization.