(Senior) Manager Analytical (m/f/d)
(Senior) Manager Analytical (m/f/d), R&D
As soon as possible – Darmstadt, Deutschland
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Colour Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 75 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
As part of our Wella R&D Organization you will work in the Analytical team in close collaboration with other functions, integrated in the innovation process for hair care and hair color products. You will lead the development of LC-MS-based analytical methods for qualitative and quantitative trace analysis and characterization of hair care and colorant products, raw materials, and substrate (e.g. hair). Your methods and measurements enable new product development, toxicological assessments, regulatory compliance, mechanistic insight, raw material supplier qualification and quality control.
WHAT WE OFFER
- International – Join a large multinational corporation with flat hierarchies and exciting projects
- Team – Positive working environment and culture, practiced through diversity, togetherness and fun
- Creative freedom - actively shaping everyday work and processes and seizing the opportunity to move the world of beauty
- Lunch Time – Subsidized Canteen & Coffee Bar
- Parking & commuting - Free on-site parking as well as a central location and good public transport opportunities
- Lead the mass spectrometry capability (three LC-MS/MS instruments)
- Develop and validate methods for varying analytes and matrices and deliver highly accurate and precise measurements
- Partner with other functions, specifically product/material development and toxicology, and apply analytical expertise and measurement science to solve tough technical problems and drive business results.
- Supervise, train and develop a junior analytical chemist
- Collaborate closely within the Analytical team on projects, and assume responsibility for lab infrastructure, quality systems, and data processing.
- Stay in touch with developments in measurement science, build external network and represent the company, for example through scientific publications.
- Lead new capability development and implement new equipment, processes and methodologies
- Identify, qualify and audit external service providers
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, or adjacent field, with a proven track record in use of triple quadrupole mass spectrometry and sample preparation strategies for analysis of small molecules
- Profound hands-on expertise in using mass spectrometry for structure elucidation of new chemical entities and their degradation products
- At least 3 years post PhD of demonstrated excellence in quantitative and qualitative mass spectrometry, ideally in a corporate R&D environment
- Sound knowledge of and demonstrated experience in method validation principles and statistical tools for analytical chemistry
- Scientific rigor and curiosity with a bias towards practical work in the lab
- Strong initiative, creativity and organizational capabilities
- Ability to provide leadership in a multidisciplinary project team with excellent communication skills in English; knowledge of German is an advantage.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Interested in this opportunity?
We look forward to your application including your salary expectations and your availability.
Your Recruiting expert for this role is Tim Lucchini
With over 20,000 employees in more than 40 countries across the globe, the possibilities at Coty are limitless. Our continuous innovation, grounded by our proud heritage and challenger spirit, means that we don’t let beauty stand still.
At Coty, we embrace Diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability.