Senior Manager Indirect Tax
GLOBAL SENIOR MANAGER INDIRECT TAX
We’re Coty, one of the world’s largest beauty companies with an iconic portfolio of brands across fragrance, color cosmetics, and skin and body care. Coty is the global leader in fragrance and number three in color cosmetics. Coty’s products are sold in over 150 countries around the world. Coty and its brands (like Kylie Cosmetics, Kylie Skin, KKW, Lancaster, Gucci, Burberry, Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Hugo Boss, Chloé, COVERGIRL, Max Factor, Sally Hansen, Adidas and Rimmel) are committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
In the Global Tax Team, we drive to globally consistent tax & customs behaviors in Coty. We support the Coty’s businesses as sparring partner in providing tax advice and input to commercial transactions. In addition, we provide highly qualified support to management. We are a dynamic and international team of highly motivated tax people in New York, Amsterdam and Singapore.
Coty is seeking a 6+ years experienced and dynamic tax professional reporting to the Global Director Indirect Tax, ready to thrive in a fast-paced challenging environment with significant growth and international expansion. This is a unique opportunity for a well-trained and experienced indirect tax expert to play an important role in a challenging, changing and rewarding business environment.
- Support the Global Director Indirect Tax to own and further develop the Indirect Tax function (mainly in EMEA but with oversight to APAC and Americas as well). First focus will be VAT/GST and similar taxes, but a keen interest in customs duties is also important.
- Being a true Business partner is key, but also having the skills to convince the business on what is needed to achieve your goals. This means closely working with the Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Customs, IT and Group Tax departments on relevant Indirect Tax challenges and opportunities.
- The individual should be proactively collaborating with the various Supply Chain and Business teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of their operations and adherence to a compliant way of working. Understanding our businesses and being able to translate tax technical aspects to non-tax people in the business context is crucial.
- Provide Indirect Tax advise with regards to transactions, restructuring, reorganizations, M&A and business initiatives.
- Ownership: Further develop and ensure the Indirect Tax set-up is properly maintained in the light of legal and business changes.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant VAT/GST legislation across the globe and proactively provide updates on changes to relevant people in Business, Finance and IT.
- Help identify cash-flow and Indirect Tax saving and efficiency opportunities.
- Develop, document and monitor an Indirect Tax control framework, including improving current processes and controls. Structure and manage the end-to-end Indirect Tax compliance processes across all regions.
- Support the Business with the master data system set-up and maintenance of relevant Indirect Tax requirements in SAP. Provide necessary Indirect Tax input and be involved with IT testing for any changes in the transactional flows.
- Communication with tax authorities in case of audits and answering questions arising in relation to Indirect Tax returns.
- Collaboration with colleagues from Group Tax on shared responsibilities like financing projects, audits and tax reporting, connecting Corporate Tax and Transfer Pricing with your Indirect Tax agenda.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills. Being able to adapt to change and react with speed is key. Perseverance and tenacity are must have’s to be successful in the role.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
Min qualification – required skills
- Certified 6+ Years’ experienced Indirect Tax advisory professional in an international environment.
- Dynamic individual looking to thrive in a fast paced, challenging environment with significant transformation activity. Maintains a problem-solving mindset, an eye for detail and a high-quality analysis. Has dynamic and proactive people skills and a demonstrated ability to manage major corporate projects and tax audits in various geographies.
- Excellent communicator with a strong team-player attitude. Possesses ability to initiate and interact frequently with Global Director Indirect Tax, local and regional CFOs and other departments, and communicate effectively with a wide diversity of other stakeholders both internally as externally (i.e., advisors and tax authorities). Fluency in English is a must.
- Self-starter with ability to deliver End-to-End with perseverance. Hands-on ERP experience is important, preferably with SAP.
- Demonstrated experience with Tax accounting processes, Tax technology and compliance will be a differentiating factor, but not a requirement.
- Willing to travel
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary based on your qualities and experience
- Attractive benefits packages
- A healthy, fresh and sustainable lunch for a discounted price
- A brand-new building in the business area of Amsterdam-Zuid. The office is designed to maximize your performance, based on the new ways of working.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.