Senior Principal Toxicologist Product Safety (m/f/d) - WELLA
Position Title Senior Principal Toxicologist (m,f,d)
Location Darmstadt, Germany
Reports to Senior Director, Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs
Direct Reports 0
Scope / Brands Wella Products
“Wella’ is one of the world’s leading professional and retail hair companies. It is a beauty collective with a mission to enable consumers to look & feel like their true self. Its love brands, which include beauty icons such as Wella, Clairol, OPI, and ghd (all together “Wella”), are co-created by & designed for the beauty junkies of today & tomorrow. Following the signing of an agreement with global investment firm KKR for the divestiture of Coty’s Professional and Retail Hair businesses, “Wella” is on its way to become a fully independent, standalone company with its own management team and operational structures. At closing, our new Company will have presence in over 100 countries and an estimated annual net revenue of $2.3Bn. “Wella” and its brands, are and will remain committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment. For additional information about “Wella” please visit www.wella.com.
ABOUT YOUR FUNCTION
The Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs department in Wella is part of the corporate Research & Development organization. The Product Safety department comprises the three functions toxicology, ecotoxicology and pharmaco-/cosmetovigilance and is responsible for raw material and finished product market safety release. The department’s footprint includes co-location with key R&D centers in Darmstadt, Tokio and Los Angeles (Calabasas).
The position of Senior Principal Toxicologist (m,f,d) is for an experienced toxicologist who will provide safety support for a cosmetic product category in all stages of development and complement the expert community of the broader safety organization with his technical knowledge.
The role is based in Darmstadt, Germany, and report into the global Senior Director Toxicology, Ecotoxicology and Cosmetovigilance.
- Key responsibility of the Senior Principal Toxicologist (m,f,d) is to support current and upstream initiatives as an integral member of multifunctional teams.
- The individual in this role will be the primary owner of cosmetic category ingredient and finished product safety knowledge, including key technologies, potential safety concerns, relevant habits & practices data, market safety profile, safety-related external relations issues, etc.
- The individual will particularly lead assessment of new ingredients, identify data gaps, design, execute and interpret appropriate safety programs with particular emphasis on non-animal toxicology or discern when existing data are sufficient and communicate guidance proactively to internal customers.
- The individual will also manage in-market safety questions and issues, collaborating closely with functions within and outside of product safety, e.g. QA, Legal and R&D/PS/Commercial partners.
- Technical mastery in broad toxicology and product safety/risk assessment.
- A PhD in toxicology or a related discipline is required.
- The individual must have experience in providing product safety support in the R&D environment, with strong judgment, creative thinking skills and a flexible mindset. Ongoing capability building by the individual is expected.
- Excellent communication skills in English are needed in order to convey positions clearly internally and externally and explain complex technical issues in a manner suitable to a variety of internal and external customers.
- The individual needs to collaborate effectively and build strong relationships with a variety of partners.
- Strong leadership is needed to develop and convey robust, principle-based positions while respecting questions or ideas from others.
- This role requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, troubleshooting skills, a high level of organizational ability and ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- International – Join a multinational corporation with flat hierarchies and exciting projects.
- Team – Positive working environment and culture, practiced through diversity, togetherness and fun.
- Work smart – Possibility of home office, growth opportunities and trust-based working hours.
- Package – attractive salaries and numerous corporate benefits.
- JOIN THE WELLA FAMILY! – Hairdressing is at our heart; it’s about closeness and human-to-human connection. It’s one fueled by hard working business owners and passionate artists, tirelessly working with their hands each day
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds create an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.