(Senior) Product Developer (m/f/d)
(Senior) Product Developer (m/f/d), Wella Hair Color
As soon as possible / Darmstadt, Germany
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Colour Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 75 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
For our Darmstadt team, we are looking for a (Senior) Product Developer (m/f/d) for Wella Hair Color, R&D, to focus on supporting Global Wella Hair Color Business and design & deliver new product innovations for the Wella consumers and markets.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Live Beauty – Exclusive access to our Beauty brands and world of products, through regular charity sales and cool activities in our Beauty Campus!
- Work smart – Possibility of home office, opportunities and trust-based working hours
- Lunch Time – Subsidized Canteen & Coffee Bar
- International – Join a large multinational corporation with flat hierarchies and exciting projects
- Team – Positive working environment and culture, practiced through diversity, togetherness and fun
- Identify new product ideas, set product design criteria and evaluate performance & acceptance of prototypes.
- Consumer-Centric Product Design & Development
- Develop new shades and product design criteria for winning proposition, based on consumer insights & market understanding.
- Have end to end responsibility for design and execution of product innovations coupled with a strong sense on cost optimization into the markets.
- Leverage consumer & technical understanding to guide marketing and product development and marry ‘what’s needed’ with ‘what’s possible’.
- Identify and confirm point of differences of our product propositions vs competitor products, create new power claims, demos, technical product stories to influence marketing and regional commercial teams and use instrumental, sensory, consumer measurements
- Deliver robust claim substantiation dossiers that make Wella Hair Color Brands win in market.
- Work with multifunctional teams, technical and marketing brand building teams as well as regional commercial leaders to create & design product innovations that are appealing, useable, affordable and exciting for our target consumers
- Qualify new product performance and define robust claims substantiation strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Minimum bachelor’s degree from university in chemistry, chem-eng, cosmetic sciences, natural sciences, biology/biotech, etc. or related fields.
- Love for consumer understanding, technology and R&D: Consumer insight and technical curiosity, understanding and hands on consumer research and in lab testing, desire to penetrate science deeply and support claims with robust science approaches will be a part of the job.
- Strategic and visionary thinking to help shape the future of Wella Hair Color Brand
- Good communication and collaboration skills: this role will require daily interactions across technical and commercial functions and the candidate should be able to communicate and influence and represent R&D within x-functional teams.
- Being beauty & hair involved would be beneficial. It always helps to find creative ways to bring technologies to life via personal insights.
- Company language is English. Any other language knowledge is very welcomed as we develop products for the globe.
- We value diversity and Coty behaviors and strong team spirit.
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
Interested in this opportunity?
We look forward to your application including your salary expectations and your availability to email@example.com.
Your Recruiting expert for this role is Tim Lucchini.
With over 20,000 employees in more than 40 countries across the globe, the possibilities at Coty are limitless. Our continuous innovation, grounded by our proud heritage and challenger spirit, means that we don’t let beauty stand still.
At Coty, we embrace Diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability.