Senior Scientist, Nail
Senior Scientist, USA
Coty Professional Beauty | Calabasas, CA
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are actively looking for our future OPI Senior Scientist. You will work in the Professional Beauty nail product development team to transition new technologies from insights to products for global distribution.
- Responsible for new product development based on 3-year company launching calendar
- Project management within Stage and Gate process of new product development as well as delivering to set milestones.
- In-house formulation and product evaluation
- Co-development of new products with third party manufacturer, suppliers and Coty basic research team
- Responsible for end-to-end project management including technical briefs, communication to cross functional teams, formula evaluation, stability, safety testing, claim substantiation plan, etc.
- Build R&D capability in scientific communication & claims story telling
- Build correlation between instrumental test and real-life product performance
- Product library management
THE COTY IDEAL FIT
- Minimum BS in polymer chemistry, materials science, organic chemistry or related science, advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in polymer material, UV curable, or solvent-based technologies, ideally for nail products
- In-house formulation experience a must
- Ability to translate consumer needs into technical deliverables.
- Strong data analytic skills. Experience in DOE, modeling or data mapping preferred
- Strong presentation skills and capable of communicating science to non-technical community
- Strong communication skills and capable of working with multifunctional groups to move project forward
- Proven record of commercialization of new products
- Experience working in Stage Gate development model
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player and exhibit “can do” attitude
- Internally motivated
- Hands on experience in product testing and consumer testing
- GLP and organizational skills are a must
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities,
experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo