Sr. Designer, Digital
COTY Professional Beauty
Sr. Designer, Digital
Division: COTY Professional Beauty
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Calabasas, CA
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are actively looking for our future Sr. Digital Designer to join our creative collective for the OPI Brand. If you have a love for color, self-expression, storytelling, and purposeful design, you will fit right in! Partnering with other art directors, designers, and copywriters, this role will be hands on in executing designs, and will report into the Director, Global Creative Consumer.
- Partner with creative team members to deliver across a wide variety of digital and social content for both consumer and professional beauty
- Design web and social content, from concept to execution with direction from Creative Lead, including: website design/layout, Instagram/Facebook content, Pinterest Pins, display ads, YouTube graphics and thumbnails, social headers, etc.
- Use After Effects to create thumb-stopping content
- Assist Creative Leads on photoshoots for both .com and social media
- Jump on other design work as needed – packaging, store design, print, events, deck design
- Obsess over platform updates and how your design execution can help our brand be an early mover
- Develop branded iconography for website and social content – illustration chops are a major plus
- Support creative leadership on an ongoing basis with the development of brand guidelines, as well as campaign toolboxes for global markets
- Participate and contribute in brainstorm sessions, with the intention of eventually leading your own
- Collaborate with the digital marketing team to continuously push the envelope for culturally relevant content
- Provide feedback to outside agencies and vendors to ensure our assets are consistent and on brand
- Retouch imagery and/or supervise our re-toucher
- Self-manage projects, communicate with project mgmt and marketing regularly, to be clear on priorities and deadlines
- Regular visits with our R&D team to get full understanding of our products (and amazing manis!)
THE COTY IDEAL FIT
- 5-7 years digital and social design experience
- Bachelor's degree In a related field
- Able to maintain a positive and professional attitude while managing multiple priorities and demanding deadlines
- Strong communication skills and cross-functional collaboration style
- Strong understanding of responsive design, UX, and mobile-first world
- Well-rounded designer – have digital, social, animation, illustration, video in your portfolio
- Extremely proactive self-starter, passionate and collaborative team player
- Strong sense of accountability; deliver on promises and take responsibility for actions
- Strong, elevated design execution – fashion, beauty, art in your portfolio are a huge bonus
- Excellent project mgmt and organizational skills; ability to deliver multiple projects and shoots under tight timelines
- Seamlessly deliver on speed, quality, and quantity
- Expert in Adobe CS with strong AE chops; Premiere exp is a major plus
We are Coty – and our people make us who we are.
It’s important that we find individuals who are a great fit for our business, not just for us but for you too. We want people to thrive here and, if you are the right culture fit with us and we with you, you’ll be able to shine and achieve beyond your own expectations.
- For us, beauty is and beauty does. We are very focused because we all want the same thing: to help our consumers celebrate and liberate the diversity of their beauty – and that takes creativity, excellence and radical thinking – we are here to disrupt the beauty industry on behalf of consumers and you need to want to join that mission to succeed here.
- We have an energetic intensity about us. We’re quite relentless in our determination to deliver, always accountable for our actions and tenacious. We will not be beaten by obstacles.
- Responding quickly with agile thinking to business challenges and opportunities is second nature to us. We like it that way as it means we can be creative and find new ways to make things happen fast. Colleagues will expect it of you and you’ll expect it of them – we’re a team and we help each other. We’re all in it together – irrespective of level or part of the business.
- We always go the extra mile, pushing the boundaries to be that best partner we can be to our customers and to excite and delight our consumers.
- When you join Coty, you become part of a vibrantly diverse and energetic group who have fun in an intense sort of way. Because we’re not just here for the ride, we want to change things.
Coty’s purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of our consumers’ beauty. Aligned to this is our mission – to strive over time to become the global industry leader by being the clear challenger in beauty, delighting consumers and creating long term shareholder value.
We are one of the world’s largest beauty companies with approximately $9 billion in revenue, and our strong entrepreneurial heritage has created an iconic portfolio of leading beauty brands.
As the global leader in fragrance, a strong number two in professional salon hair color & styling, and number three in color cosmetics, we operate across three divisions:
- Coty Consumer Beauty: focused on color cosmetics, retail hair coloring and styling products, body care and mass fragrances sold primarily in the mass retail channels with brands such as COVERGIRL, Max Factor and Rimmel
- Coty Luxury: focused on prestige fragrances and skincare with brands such as Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs, Hugo Boss, Gucci and philosophy
- Coty Professional Beauty: focused on servicing salon owners and professionals in both hair and nail with brands such as Wella Professionals, Sebastian Professional, OPI and ghd
Coty is a truly global player with over 20,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries in Asia, Latin America, Australia, Middle East and Africa, as well as Europe and North America and products sold in over 130 countries and territories. Our headquarters are in London, New York, Geneva and Paris.
Want to know more?
For additional information about Coty Inc., please visit www.coty.com
Equal Employment Opportunities
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo
Interested in this opportunity? Please visit and apply at Coty’s Career Opportunities