WELLA - A&CP Senior Buyer - Media, CMK & Artwork
“Wella’ is one of the world’s leading professional and retail hair companies. It is a beauty collective with a mission to enable consumers to look & feel like their true self. Its love brands, which include beauty icons such as Wella, Clairol, OPI, and ghd (all together “Wella”), are co-created by & designed for the beauty junkies of today & tomorrow. Following the signing of an agreement with global investment firm KKR for the divestiture of Coty’s Professional and Retail Hair businesses, “Wella” is on its way to become a fully independent, standalone company with its own management team and operational structures. At closing, our new Company will have presence in over 100 countries and an estimated annual net revenue of $2.3Bn. “Wella” and its brands, are and will remain committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment. For additional information about “Wella” please visit www.wellacareers.com.
At Wella Procurement you are responsible for bringing the best ideas, talent and capability to support the company’s business needs. Reporting into the Indirect Senior Director you will develop and execute sourcing strategies which deliver best value in terms of innovation, quality, service, cost and cash. Procurement teams invest into relationships, they develop and manage important external business partner relationships to enable the delivery of the company’s plans and growth objectives.
The role of A&CP Senior Buyer - Media, CMK & Artwork is to create and drive the strategic sourcing interventions on these spend segments for the newly formed company. This is an exciting opportunity to influence the design and strategic choices in this area building upon existing strategies and experience while designing and refining to better fit the needs of the newly formed company. This is an exciting moment to join this team and lead this diverse and important spend segment for the newly established Wella Company. Working closely with the Global Indirect Senior Director you will be implementing new strategies and capabilities in the Media, CMK & Artwork spend areas. Today the Media, CMK & Artwork spend represents 50-70Million US$ and over 80 suppliers.
- Design, refine and implement new sourcing strategies and strategic interventions in your category.
- Responsible for driving strategy, savings initiatives and business plans with discipline to deliver the fiscal year objectives as well as longer term interventions in the 3 to 5-year horizon.
- Ensure appropriate support and alignment with regional teams, Marketing Operations, Marketing and Finance in the implementation and execution of the strategy and projects.
- Implement Supplier Relation Management program. In all your activities you are acting as a commercial expert to ensure best value and strong stewardship of the company’s money to deliver best service and value year on year.
- Work to ensure transparency and governance of spend processes and policies globally, sharing findings, savings and enabling new best practices.
- Develop capability and manage team to deliver maximum efficiency and value to business. Ensure the ongoing training and development of self and team in procurement best practices and skills.
- Design and implement processes and tools to support local sourcing activities in countries without Procurement resources on the ground.
- Engage and influence stakeholders in Category Strategy definition and implementation.
- Wella is committed to improving our Ethical and environmental footprint so you will be expected to work towards this important objective with our external business partners.
- Experience in Procurement and Supply Chain organisations, at least 5-8 years, ideally in marketing or media procurement.
- Degree qualified preferably in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business or other relevant discipline, MBA advantageous.
- Work experience in an international environment and matrix organizations.
- Capable and proven track record of stakeholder management including business Leaders, both internal and external.
- Experience in implementing, developing and managing a new organization and working in less mature and ‘white space’ spend categories.
- Results oriented individual with solid proven track record in delivering value, cost and cash, and improving effectiveness of sourcing networks.
- You will have proven analytical, influencing, negotiation and communication skills. A strategic thinker balanced with ability to execute.
- Knowledge of e-sourcing tools and in executing sourcing of indirect and or marketing.
- High degree of fluency in written and spoken English is required, a second language is beneficial.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR WELLA
What you can expect from us:
- Wide range of benefits (health insurance, pension for selected roles as well as wellbeing benefits)