WELLA - Senior Manager Claims & Testing OPI
Wella- Sr. Manager Claims & Testing, OPI Research & Development
Professional Beauty| Calabasas, CA
“Wella’ is one of the world’s leading professional and retail hair companies. It is a beauty collective with a mission to enable consumers to look & feel like their true self. Its love brands, which include beauty icons such as Wella, Clairol, OPI, and ghd (all together “Wella”), are co-created by & designed for the beauty junkies of today & tomorrow. Following the signing of an agreement with global investment firm KKR for the divestiture of Coty’s Professional and Retail Hair businesses, “Wella” is on its way to become a fully independent, standalone company with its own management team and operational structures. At closing, our new Company will have presence in over 100 countries and an estimated annual net revenue of $2.3Bn. “Wella” and its brands, are and will remain committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment.
As the Senior Manager, OPI R&D Claims and Testing, you will be accountable for leading the substantiation strategy, collaboration with the R&D development team to execute product testing that include performance testing and develop claims testing capability.
- You will lead the development and execution of claims substantiation testing plans, document and interpret the testing results for claims. You will ensure testing is conducted in accordance with the principles of the well-established external standards such as GCP/GLP procedures.
- You will prepare claims substantiation documents for commercial executions used in PIF, label copy, TV/print, in-store, digital, etc. Review the final claims, where required, such as pack artworks.
- You will evolve claim testing methods and requirements to anticipate changes in the consumer trend and regulatory environment by better understanding consumers and their product use while ensuring on time project delivery.
- You will provide robust scientific support mainly for product claims, but also for regulatory submissions when needed with the FDA or other authorities.
- You will perform product landscape studies to generate new insights on OPI product performance vs. key competitor products.
- You will Develop instrumental claims testing capability to support OPI claims substation and product development.
- You will execute in market testing through OPI’s External Nail Network of nail professionals, in partnership with the Wella R&D External Network Testing Leader.
- You are an expert in claims substantiation, leveraging both consumer and instrumental testing methods to support product communication in market.
- Effective communicator, who excels in working with both internal and external staff to enhance testing capabilities and aide in the product development process.
- Strong background and knowledge in instrumental testing method development and correlation to consumer perception.
- Internally motivated and a strong manager who thrives on mentoring.
- Undergraduate Degree (Chemical or Chemical Engineering preferred)
- Extensive experience in the beauty/personal care industry.
- Knowledge of all processes of product development, product integrity, safety and regulatory
- (Hands-on) Experience with standard scientific instrumentation to conduct efficacy testing, in working in testing laboratories, developing protocol and operation procedure to run various in-vivo/in-vitro technical measurements
- Experience leading claims substantiation strategy, testing execution, and claims defense.
- Strong background in statistics with the ability to analyze information and draw strategic conclusions