Analytic & Measurement Senior Manager
Department: Media & Performance
Position: Global Media Analytics & Insights Senior Manager
Location: Paris, Île-de-France, France
Coty is a world leader in beauty and home to an illustrious roster of cosmetic, skincare and fragrance brands. Our company’s mission is to challenge the definition of beauty, to encourage authenticity and celebrate diversity. Because to us at Coty, beauty isn’t about conforming to somebody else’s ideal. It’s about inclusion and liberating everyone to shine in their unique way.
In a context of a fast shifting digital landscape, the Coty Group has designed an ambitious data driven roadmap positioning media as a strong business enabler.
Part of the Group Media team, under the responsibility of the Senior Director Data, Analytics & Measurement, the candidate will be responsible for leading our marketing measurement practice, carrying the strategy for media effectiveness and efficiency measurement, standing-up reporting capabilities and driving the practice of media performance storytelling within the entire COTY organization. He/She will partner closely with our group Media & Marketing leaders to identify deep media and message insights and convert those into successful communications strategies.
This new role at the holding company level is critical to accelerate our data driven media transformation. It requires advanced media analytics and measurement capabilities, high proactivity and strategic vision, as well as a track record of simplifying complex data into actionable insights.
As the Analytics & Insights point of reference in the Media organization, interfacing with the different capabilities of the Coty center of expertise (data management, media operations, digital media expertise, content commerce and engagement, direct and indirect ecommerce, CRM and IT…) and the brands of the Group, your key responsibilities will be :
- Deploy a structured measurement framework accross Paid, Owned and Earned media activities and Drive Group Media effectiveness and Measurement initiatives
- Provide support to the Media Operations team helping them to unlock insights from media activations and value from media negotiations
- Develop a deep understanding of marketing plans and their objectives to help build comprehensive measurement plans
- Analyse large-scale data sets to uncover powerful insights that will help to measure campaign effectiveness and drive the business forward.
- Be a hands-on contributor driving various measurement initiatives from econometrics analysis to global post campaign analysis via creative in-depth reporting.
- Establish effective measurement models against a range of data sources, including audiences, brands, campaigns and media channels.
- Use your knowledge of statistics to lead the development of marketing measurement plans, and robust forecasting models.
- Lead collaboratively with our data management team our group media dashboarding efforts through ongoing provision of clear brief, data & metrics definition, troubleshooting data, and feeding into the roadmap for future features and inputs.
- Collaborate across departments to help ensure organizational alignment and effectiveness of marketing activities
- Keeps abreast of evolving media landscape, including research and emerging trends to provide insight and education around Data governance in the Coty organization
- 4-5 years of experience in a data & insight role; practical know-how in building analytical models including: time series, statistical correlations, and variance mapping/predicting.
- A successful track record of driving significant business value from recommendations and insight developed through application of advanced analytical techniques.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify business questions, analyze data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Excellent at presenting data in a visually engaging and insightful manner that cuts through the noise
- Demonstrable experience in the development and use of advanced statistical techniques and tools in evaluating the impact of marketing, media optimisation, evaluation of brand investments and marketing activities.
- Awareness of, developing and/or managing econometric programmes and their application in the field of marketing effectiveness.
- Strong experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics, as well as tag management platforms such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium and Segment
- Technical proficiency with analytical languages such as SQL, Python, ‘R’
- Familiar with the parameters of media response curves and different approaches to deriving the parameters
- Familiarity with panel data sources, media consumption data, collection methodology and appropriate analysis
- Strong understanding of the ad tech ecosystem, and how data is tracked, exchanged and managed in the process of digital advertising
- Good project management skills and excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to convey and package technical findings in layman’s terms
- Very good level of English written and orally. French is a plus.