Assistant Line Operator
ASSISTANT LINE OPERATOR
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
In this role you will be responsible for:
Accepting direction and supervision from Line Lead Operator in executing job assignments and functions successfully and assisting with changeover of the line. Executing appropriate judgement in servicing the flow of production materials on and off the packaging line efficiently. To improve the global process reliability (GPR) and right first time (RFT) production of the packaging line through adequate supply of components (input materials) to the line and finished products (output) off the line. Adhering to all Coty Human Resource and Safety guidelines.
• Assist the line operator in the running of the production line including clearing minor jams, reacting to minor stops and be a partner during changeover and take care of all the necessary paperwork.
• Transport all components needed for production on the packaging line from the appropriate staging area to the production line using a manual pallet jack.
• Transport all components used for production and finished products (output) from the packaging line to the appropriate staging area.
• Feed the packaging line continuously by unloading components from pallets onto machine feed hoppers, conveyor belts, skate racks, component tables, and component bins with all needed components during a production run.
• Load and palletize all production units that have been packed-out into shipper cartons off the production line onto a pallet and manually wrap the pallet with appropriate binding material.
• Perform count of remaining components at the end of the production run and report to Line Operator
• Load and palletize remaining components at the end of the production run onto respective component pallets and wrap pallets.
• Ensure at the start of production shift that line is adequately stocked with miscellaneous supplies (gloves, cleaning agents, trash buckets etc.) as needed and directed by the Line Operator.
• Safely use cutting tools to open component boxes and to break down carton shippers according to safety training.
• Key Indicators
- Right First Time (RFT) / Pieces per Million (PPM)
- Schedule Adherence
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Internal Candidates will be strongly considered
- Ability to view and transact in SAP an OEE tool fundamentally through training.
- Possesses the ability to execute simple counting, addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication mathematical calculations.
- Good knowledge of how to handle fragile components in a safe manner.
- Basic knowledge of equipment that require direct component replenishments into bins and hoppers.
- Basic knowledge of the use of manual pallet jacks and electronic hand pallet trucks.
- Basic understanding of the production packing process on the assigned line.
- Ability to apply simply calculations to determine efficient rate of replenishment of production line with components.
- Fundamental computer skills
- Basic communication skills.
- Teamwork with Line Operators, other Material Handlers, and GPWs on the production line.
- Master basic and routine tasks.
- Performs well under production rate / speed pressures.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
This position requires the ability to work mandatory overtime to meet business needs either within the day and/or the weekend and business operates on multiple shifts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Heavy: Requires exertion of 51 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, or 26 to 50 pounds of force frequently, or 11 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Requires about 6 or more hours of intermittent standing or walking in an 8-hour workday. Sitting may be required only intermittently and occasionally. Stooping is usually required frequently.
Duration & Repetitive Standards
Occasional repetitive activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time equivalent to 2.5 hours of an 8 hour work day or up to 20 minutes each hour.
WHAT WE OFFER
This is unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You’ll get to work in a diverse environment with a team of professionals who are passionate about the work they do and know how to have some fun along the way.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo