Assistant Manager, Category Strategy
Assistant Manager, Category Strategy, Walgreens & Ulta
Consumer Beauty, Chicago (Rosemont), IL
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in
Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
This role will be representing COVERGIRL, our largest and most iconic brand. The role will be responsible for the Ulta account, reporting to the Director of Sales.
The role will work closely with our Chicago based sales office including analytics, finance and CPFR. The role will have direct selling & account management responsibilities and will also partner with our Trade Marketing, Wall Strategy & Brand teams to develop selling initiatives.
The Business Development Manager will support the Walgreens Sales team and P&L through working closely with the National Account Managers, Customer, brand teams, Trade Marketing and Finance teams in order to pursue growth opportunities and solve business issues.
- Manage entire customer team P&L to deliver against team goals, including scenario planning and S&OP reporting
- Lead a collaborative, monthly risk and opportunity assessment
- Support National Account Managers in gross shipment planning and analysis.
- Maximize ROI of trade investment by ensuring full utilization of the information and tools throughout the team. Support trade post event analysis.
- Facilitate planning and tracking for key drivers of net revenue growth: returns markdowns and fixture budgets.
- Lead and develop fully integrated business planning process for the customer team, including customer Joint Business Plans and internal planning requirements to maximize growth and profitability.
- Work with National Account Managers to develop and execute programs consistent with brand strategy and customer Joint Business Planning
- Support Sales team in resolving A/P and A/R open issues including weekly spending tracking
- Conduct annual price analysis
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 – 10 years of related national customer experience including proven success in a sales / trade marketing role and or customer team Finance role.
- Possess excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office) and understanding of sales (Infotracs, BEx, Future Cast) and POS systems (Retail Link).
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Possess solid judgement and decision making ability.
- Customer & team centric approach, P&L focus & growth oriented
WHAT WE OFFER
This is unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You’ll get to work in a diverse and environment with a team who are passionate about the work they do, and know how to have some fun along the way.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities,
experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo