Brand Finance Analyst
To support the Prestige brand teams with, analysis, budgeting, initiative and strategic planning in line with company objectives.
The key objective of this role is to own and drive the financial performance of a Prestige Fragrance/Makeup/Skin Care portfolio working with the marketing teams to produce insightful analysis and high-quality budgets and strategic plans.
- Own and drive the month end close to deliver accurate and timely close in line with the business requirements and designated timeframes. Provide hands-on support as required to ensure all key deliverables are met. Reconcile both P&L and Balance sheet accounts.
- Creation of a control environment that respects the principles of budgetary control in all marketing teams. Ensure all activities comply with accounting standards, company policy and all relevant legislation.
- Provide an analytical study and an explanation of the monthly results to the VP Brand Finance and Director Prestige Brand Finance. Prepare internal reports for Brand teams and division management.
- Assist and guide brand teams and support services teams on budget preparation by brand/line and cost center. Drive best ROI mind set.
- Coordination, critical review and accuracy of expected results - Annual plan & latest estimates including monthly assessment and communication of ongoing risks and opportunities.
- Support the initiative process by assisting brand marketing and new product development teams: Evaluate initiative P&L & assumptions behind, develop reporting, provide post analysis.
- Respond to finance related queries from internal departments and ensure follow-up in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation, analysis and commentary for brand for internal purpose as well as for external meetings with the Licensors / Fashion houses.
- Strong understanding of the contractual obligations with the Licensors. Support marketing teams in reaching the goals and complying with the contract obligations.
- Provide input and build 3-year strategic plan for the portfolio of Prestige brands in collaboration with Brand marketing teams.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with both finance and non-finance stakeholders in various departments across the company.
- Identify and drive process improvements across the finance function.
- Actively participate in special / strategic projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Mid-year and year-end external audit contact.
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Post graduate qualification in Finance or accounting
- Experience with end-to-end process assessment and implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- SAP / Hyperion Experience is a plus