BRAND MANAGER: GUCCI
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re #1 in the world for Fragrance and #3 in the world in Colour Cosmetics with a portfolio of brands that have been known and loved for generations.
Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world. We have some of the most well-known brands in the categories of Fragrances, Colour Cosmetics and Skin & Body Care including Gucci, Chloé, Calvin Klein, Burberry, Marc Jacobs, Sally Hansen, philosophy, Adidas, Rimmel, Max Factor, COVERGIRL and the list goes on and on!
Coty is committed to building a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences helps us build better products, better serve our users, and build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
THE BRAND & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Senior Brand Manager: Gucci you will play a pivotal role in the continued growth of one of the UK’s most exciting Luxury Health & Beauty brands.
Gucci is one of the worlds most recognised and admired fashion brands, and your exciting challenge is to establish Gucci as a leading beauty brands in the UK&I. The starting point of your journey is a good one, the brand is strong in Luxury fragrance and already has a national presence in Make-Up. With an exciting plan for new distribution (in selective high end retail), strong merchandising and category leading NPD & advertising creatives your role is to support the co-ordination of these assets to unlock sales and profit growth.
You will have a high level input (together with the Senior Brand Manager) in creating the future UK&I brand strategy for Gucci, across both Colour Cosmetics and Fragrance. You are the guardian of the brand equity, and will ensure flawless execution in line with the fashion house guidelines.
You will have responsibility for a significant commercial plan, ensuring that we minimally meet our financial commitments. A constant understanding of the commercial delivery is required to course correct plans, leading to maximizing return on marketing investment.
Your strong communication skills are vital to align all internal stakeholders, including functions such as sales, COMEX, finance, visual merchandising and supply chain. The partnership with global marketing needs to be built on trust, constant communication and aligned objectives.
You will also contribute to the positive marketing team culture. Driving energy, a positive impatience and a willingness to share and help your colleagues to succeed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and deliver local initiative launch plans in collaboration with internal key stakeholders (e.g. sales team, trade marketing, brand finance) and external partners (e.g. media agency).
- Ownership of brand budget, ensuring effective and accurate budget management including administration of all invoices, monthly accruals and budget trackers
- Managing of all brand media, including briefs, agency relationships, global and fashion house approvals and internal alignment, with support from the Brand Director.
- Local brand management including P&L steering to make sure all brand investments are delivering vs target KPIs and profitability targets.
- Working with the internal & international merchandising teams to manage the design and production of local POS elements, ensure they follow both Global guidelines and UK market requirements.
- Liaising with internal PR/ Influencer Marketing team to drive consumer engagement and off and online reach.
- Work with internal teams on forecasts of all new initiatives and correct phasing in line with our sell-out ambitions.
- Driving an online first mentality, finding disruptive ideas that connect with consumers and deliver strong ROI.
- Conducting pre and post analysis of launches and promotions – qualitative and quantitative.
- Brand analysis and share reporting on a monthly basis providing insights to relevant team members.
- Along with internal cross divisional teams, co-manage the S&OP process, driving insights and actions for the accurate forecast for new and ongoing stock forecasts.
- With the support of the Brand Director, create and implement the UK brand strategy which includes short-term intervention plans as well as longer term brand vision goals.
- Development and delivery of brand presentations to Internal and external stakeholders, including retailers, media owners and internal teams.
- Managing and organising potential experiential events for the brand from concept through to creation.
- Producing local brand bibles and ensuring all marketing elements are available from the International teams for TM, VM, sales.
- Manage 1 Assistant Brand Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a Business related degree preferable.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar role ideal & an understanding/appreciation of the fine fragrance market and retail environment required.
- A strong financials acumen, understanding the details of P&L drivers and management.
- A relentless passion for Beauty industry.
- Analytical mindset; A doer who proactively seeks improvement, is a solution provider and a problem solver.
- Organized in action; structured mind.
- A team player. Always listening to understand and creating informal teams to succeed (as a team).
- Self-Starter; Is passionate, enthusiastic and has fun in work achievement.
- Excellence in execution; takes full responsibility for the quality of all deliverables, contributes to doing things better and faster.
- Leader mentality, owns it, drives it. Sees opportunities to fix/ improve processes, and drives stakeholders to support deliver this change.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Constructive networker; collaborates easily with others and adapts to different working styles.
- Change champion; Is resilient and flexible, adapts to new challenges.
WHAT WE BRING:
Marketing & Sales
We drive growth, brand equity and customer loyalty with innovative products, digital campaigns, events, partnerships and in-store executions. Our work includes both the physical and digital world across all categories. We aim to be gamechangers in the beauty industry, winning the hearts and minds of consumers around the world.