FP&A and Fixed Costs Manager
FP&A & Fixed Costs Manager
FTC (12 months)
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re #1 in the world for Fragrance and #3 in the world in Colour Cosmetics with a portfolio of brands that have been known and loved for generations.
Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world. We have some of the most well-known brands in the categories of Fragrances, Colour Cosmetics and Skin & Body Care including Gucci, Chloé, Calvin Klein, Burberry, Marc Jacobs, Sally Hansen, philosophy, Adidas, Rimmel, Max Factor, COVERGIRL and the list goes on and on!
Coty is committed to building a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences helps us build better products, better serve our users, and build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Support the delivery of highly effective financial planning and analysis processes and insights.
Act as a proactive support to the FP&A Director in the extraction, manipulation and analysis of data to enable the production of data insights, financial reporting and forecasting models to enable decision making by key stakeholders.
The role will be highly analytical and enable a real understanding of the drivers of performance.
The focus of the role will be split into two parts:
- Financial Planning & Analysis – Managing Month End Close processes, Preparation of the Monthly Business Update packs, assist in the Annual Plan Process – creating tools and working with Key Stakeholders to build realistic brand ambitions.
- Fixed Costs Management – Partnering closely with HR and key stakeholders across the business to accurately report and forecast the controllable fixed costs of the UK&I business unit
- Assist in the preparation of financial forecast updates (Annual Plan, Monthly P&L Outlooks, Quarterly Profit Forecasts) as per corporate calendar.
- Own local financial planning calendar at BU level and ensure timely submissions to Region/Corporate
- Own technical tasks of financial forecast submissions into Hyperion. Coordinate with Sales / Brand Finance Copilots as well as Custodian Team to get inputs required to form ongoing Outlooks.
- Own financial forecast submissions for Fixed Costs including payroll planning, working with key stakeholders across the business to build a realistic plan that works within our regional targets.
- Work with custodian teams to gauge accurate forecasts for Shared Costs including Wimbledon Site Services
- Lead quarterly HR reviews to understand key movements in payroll
- Update CFC and HR power BI reports with updated monthly Actuals and Latest Forecasts to help with variance analysis & commentary
- Coordinate month-end activities within BU and act as overall BU key contact towards Regional and Custodian Teams
- Coordinate monthly Actuals analysis with FP&A Director and collect information on key deviations vs. forecast/plan to share within the Monthly Performance pack shared with the region.
- Perform monthly CoGs and Gross Margin Analysis for submission to the region
- Act as first point of contact for the business teams on all financial planning and general analysis topics
- Support and drive local implementation of regional and corporate simplification / standardization initiatives
- Perform Ad-Hoc reporting and analyses based on business needs
- Support in Balance Sheet Reviews and commentary preparation for the Fixed Costs and Cost of Goods.
- Support and perform SOX compliance tasks
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Experience in Financial Forecasting and deviation analyses incl. business interpretation
- Very good understanding of P&L and Balance Sheet under U.S. GAAP
- Full understanding of month-close process and how it impacts P&L and B/S
- Experienced in working in a multi-functional environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance & Accounting
- Profound Excel skills and systems experience (SAP, Hyperion and PowerBI)
- High standard of accuracy and precision; highly organized; good operational discipline.
- Ability to orchestrate tasks within Co-Pilot Finance team as well as with multifunctional business resources
- Excellent analytical skills and able to sort through complex and massive data, incl. their interpretation
- Ability to work effectively within key systems
- High level of mental agility – being able to ‘connect the dots’
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of hierarchy with multifunctional partners and with external stakeholders (English skills mandatory)
- Advanced Excel skills and Capability to upskill in new Systems (Knime, Power BI, SAP Hana, Hyperion)
- Good interpersonal collaboration skills, ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- High learning agility
- Proactive and solution-oriented attitude
- Commercial mindset
- Strong governance and controls
FINANCE TEAM VISION:
Be best in class Finance Team by leading key financial analysis which will drive business decisions and help Coty beat the competition. We partner with & challenge key stakeholders to ensure accurate forecasting & reporting.
Empower every person to add value through teamwork and best practice knowledge sharing and be noted as key function to drive positive change within the business.