Global Brand Initiative Leader
Global Brand Initiative Leader
The Global Initiative Leaders (GILS) take responsibility for a given portfolio of projects and influence the activities of a multi-functional team who, together, develop and execute an initiative within the context of an Initiative Masterplan (IMP) from idea through to launch. The GILs operate as the ‘orchestra conductor’ helping to drive collaboration in defining and executing the project plan (CPS) with colleagues in Category Marketing, Artwork, Supply, Procurement and R&D and bring their expertise in Innovation systems and processes to deliver outstanding, breakthrough project results.
The GILs are the source of truth on project 360 readiness (commercial, financial, technical) and ensure that risks and issues are pro-actively identified and mitigated through their facilitation of the multi-functional project team and adherence to the technical and commercial qualification activities. They collaborate closely with Site Initiative Leaders in Supply who take responsibility for the product execution project plan once designs are locked and committed – although the GILs maintain accountability in the end-to-end innovation process.
GILs operate through influence to guide and coach the teams through the stage gate process and in the correct use of tools and techniques owned by IM.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (For given portfolio of responsibility)
- Manages Brand IMP ensuring initiative Net Revenue sufficiency and prioritization
- Manages Brand stage gate process and preparation
- Manages their portfolio of projects through the development of a project plan (CPS) and brings together the multi-functional team to work collaboratively and pro-actively progress the agreed work
- Co-ordinates the review of readiness of an initiative, working closely with Category Marketing, R&D/Supply/Procurement and Marketing Finance
- Frames and communicates project questions to facilitate informed and agile decision taking
- Applies the standard Supply operating strategy matrix to recommend finished good sourcing approach
- Ensures issues and risks are pro-actively identified and brought to the attention of the project team for mitigation or resolution. Elevates project issues to IM Segment Director for visibility and support in resolution when needed.
- Co-ordinates the formal Alert Process with global teams when a critical issue arises. Brings the project team together in crisis collaboration if needed.
- Builds Initiative Management capability within the multi-functional teams and drives Continual Improvement through coordinating project learning cycles
- Portfolio of projects can include: Innovation/new launches; Gross Margin Improvement projects; Regulatory compliance projects; Preservation projects
KEY DELIVERABLES (for given portfolio of responsibility)
- Project Success: Right First Time Initiative delivery (on time, on quality) with a high Customer Service achievement (OTIF/Fill Rate) and a sustainable manufacturing/procurement supply chain in place
- Ensure gate adherence % and timely project start-up linking IMPs via project technical complexity to standard CPS timings
- Collaborate with multi-functional partners to deliver a portfolio of initiatives that is sufficient to fulfill the category innovation strategy in consumer offer, business scale and profitability, and meeting Coty standards.
- Brand IMP sufficiency and management
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Proven project management achievement that met company objectives (Right First Time, Service) whilst delivering Net Revenue and Profitability targets
- 2-3 years project management experience – familiarity with CPS/Project Planning, standard project management toolbox
- Relevant cosmetics/beauty/adjacent industry experience in R&D, Supply, Procurement or Marketing/Commercial roles
- An understanding of new product development processes (packaging, formula, manufacturing) & stage gate approach
- Clear communication skills and ability to synthesize project topics to facilitate understanding and decision
- Aptitude for working in systems (preferred PlanView, Microsoft Office Suite incl Project, Outlook, Excel etc. Manugistics/JDA)
- Operates with integrity, resolve and transparency to drive decisions through facts and data. It’s not personal, it’s business!
- Fit with Coty Values and Culture
- Hands on Supply or R&D experience (eg planning/purchasing/technical environment) and/or relevant qualifications
- Microsoft project or equivalent project management software experience
- Business acumen
- Familiarity with FMCG/Beauty Retail environment
- Strong Leadership and teamwork skills
- Demonstrates a strong sense of individual accountability
- Is autonomous, action-orientated and pragmatic
- Is committed to deliver results, goes after the stretch target
- Takes conscious and calculated risks
- Makes fast decisions balancing intuition and facts
- Proactively seeks improvement, is a solution provider and a problem solver
- Makes innovation happen within real-life constraints
- Learns from successes and failures, looks for and reapplies best practices
- Embraces and accelerates change in a fast-paced environment
- Is resilient and flexible, adapts to new challenges
- Is passionate, enthusiastic and has fun in work achievement
- Thrives on challenges and keeps a healthy attitude under pressure
- Communicates effectively; delivers impactful presentations
- Is willing to help others and focuses on customer needs
- Solicits and derives benefit from other’s feedback
- Demonstrates relevant business knowledge & financial awareness
- Is dedicated to driving the business in a profitable & sustainable way
- Guides others through change by example
- Adapts leadership style to situations & people, finds the right balance between delegation & control
- Gives constructive & actionable feedback to improved performance & development
- Recognizes the contribution of others, differentiates fairly