Global Category Lead - Production
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics.
Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
Reporting to a Global Sourcing Lead, the job holder:
- Responsible for designing, implementing and improving a sourcing strategy for a stated category within an overall category management structure. Delivers value for money and innovation in accordance with the agreed world class procurement strategy and business plans.
- Responsible for key strategic supplier selection and contract negotiations relating to a defined category area.
- Acts as a role model of professional procurement practice, delivering high quality solutions to meet the needs of the organisation, delivering value and having significant coverage and commercial influence over Coty’s third party expenditure.
- Lead Category to ensure achievement of savings goals
- Support the business to achieve its strategic objectives through a professional sourcing process
- Work with relevant partners externally and with internal colleagues (Marketing, Finance, Legal) to ensure best in class operational support.
Key responsibilities and result areas:
- Company-wide responsibilities
- Understands Coty’s business strategy and how it impacts Global sourcing categories definition
- Participates in and implements procurement transformation throughout Coty’s organization, by collaborating with Global Sourcing Lead
- Act as Category advisor within Procurement Teams and externally as appropriate.
- Develop strong relationships with Stakeholders to understand business’ needs, and maintains relevant stakeholders maps
- Ensure relevant relationship within Coty Procurement Organization and all Coty’s departments
- Communicates the value of Coty Procurement function to the business.
- Procurement responsibilities
- Designs and implements category strategies that deliver financial, and other performance targets such as best in class practices, service, quality, and risk management.
- Cocreates, co-ordinates and partners with regional and local procurement teams as part of Category Management approach.
- Is the subject matter expert, with deep understanding of the category in the market and at Coty.
- Undertakes rigorous business requirements analysis, data and statistics in relation to Coty activity for the category, aligning category strategies to Coty business objectives.
- Manages large and complex supplier relationships and categories of expenditure.
- Plans and carries out activities that drive towards Procurement progress toward World Class Procurement.
- Develops and maintains detailed supply market knowledge and tools that drive innovative sourcing solutions.
- Develops and implements rigorous contracts for all critical, strategic and preferred suppliers within the category, incorporating service level agreements and continuous improvement targets.
- Conducts supplier segmentation (Critical, Strategic, Preferred, Approved, and Operational) and develops, maintains and communicates a preferred supplier and approved product/service list for their agreed categories.
- Drives supplier and product/service rationalisation through crossfunctional reviews with Global Sourcing Lead and stakeholders.
- Implements appropriate supplier management plans and manages supplier reviews for strategic / critical and preferred suppliers.
- Leads and facilitates appropriate supplier/crossfunctional workshops to seek and implement innovative and value adding ideas and proposals from suppliers.
- Reports on category level performance metrics
- Conducts procurement activity in accordance with stated ethics and other procurement & legal policies.
- Uses appropriate technique and tools to conduct supply market research, competitive bidding analysis, evaluation etc.
- Follows and implements appropriate process and policies to support category management e.g. demand challenge, budget planning, benchmarking that ensure improved procurement performance.
- Maintains an effective communication plan detailing stakeholders, supplier contacts, and supplier reviews, cross functional workshops etc.
- Takes ownership of specific tasks/projects as directed by the Global Sourcing Lead
- Effectively communicates the strategic direction
- Uses appropriate behaviours and attributes to support team building and collaboration.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- Profile, Education
- Business and/or Procurement graduate calibre ideally with a post-graduate qualification
- >10 years direct work experience in Marketing Procurement within a procurement organization within a multinational company?, - a complex and changing environment with demanding business objectives and in a highly competitive market sector
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Demonstrated maturity and increased responsibilities over career
- Proven and tangible experiences on Categories such as Production, Talent agencies, Creative agencies, Studios
- Implementation of global Projects and experience in wider Marketing subjects is real plus.
- Professional Skills & Knowledge:
- Focus on performance and results
- Business Acumen
- Builds partnership
- Expert in understanding Marketing Business Needs
- Advanced in analysis, problem solving and creativity
- Expert in Stakeholders management and communication
- Expert in Procurement operations and Policy
- Expert in Contract development, Supplier Relationship Management, Negotiation
- Adaptable, Flexible, Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and Customer Service skills.