Manager, Regulatory Affairs
Regulatory Affairs Manager, NA
Morris Plains, US
Our purpose is to celebrate and liberate the diversity of beauty. We challenge convention through invention, expanding our horizons to enrich your reality with possibility. We build brands to inspire and enable our consumers to experience the confidence and joy of expressing their beauty, their way.
ROLE AND DEPARTMENT
As the Manager of Regulatory Affairs, NA assume the responsibility for NA cosmetic and OTC regulations, needed. Communicate emerging regulations to key stakeholders and their impact on the Coty portfolio in NA.
To partner with the raw material coding team, artwork and legal compliance teams to ensure that all necessary regulatory updates for Coty are made to enable product compliance in the US.
Lead the FDA OTC regulatory activities, including compliance and artwork review.
To represent Coty and participate in several committees within Personal Care Products Council, ensuring that Coty’s position is accurately communicated.
Lead US Regulatory activities for relevant artworks, formula reviews - associated with new Joint Ventures (JVs) being established between Coty and outside organizations.
- Monitor US state and federal regulations impacting the cosmetic industry.
- Coordinate and advise on regulatory activities in the US that impact to the Coty portfolio.
- Lead Coty’s FDA OTC requirements ensuring all categories are up to date and accurate.
- Provide guidance to R&D and creative teams regarding OTC labeling and claims. Including working with the global artwork team to maintain the Coty Artwork Guidelines.
- Aid in the completion of survey requests from industry groups (PCPC, Cosmetics Alliance and Cosmetics Europe) and from retailers.
- Actively participate in PCPC’s committees including Green Chemistry and Retailer task force.
- Support with upcoming changes in the regulations including any specific monitoring and implementation for states e.g., California,
- Review and approve North American – specific artwork for all product categories
- Develop best practices from a US Regulatory point of view
- Work closely with the Global Consumer and Global Regulatory Affairs to develop best practices when communicating regulatory changes to the business and R&D.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Scientific Degree
- Over 5 years of Regulatory Affairs experience.
- Managerial experience
- Strong written communication skills, especially detail-oriented and technical material.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with diverse groups of people at various levels within COTY.
- Ability to meet deadlines while being flexible to changes in priorities and interruptions.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills to complete assignments accurately.
- Full usability of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
WHAT WE OFFER
This is unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You’ll get to work in a diverse and environment with a team who are passionate about the work they do and know how to have some fun along the way.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo