Senior Manager, Operations ghd NA
SR. MANAGER, ghd OPERATIONS NA
COTY PROFESSIONAL BEAUTY | CALABASAS, CA
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ghd – “good hair day, every day” -- is the world’s leading, award winning styling brand, with a portfolio of tools recognized for their superior performance, seductive design and revolutionary technology. Launched in the UK in 2001, has achieved enormous success in countries around the world. ghd scientists in Cambridge, England work together with stylists to develop patented technologies and breakthrough tools designed to provide healthier hair and long lasting styles. Our vision is to make women look & feel beautiful every single day and empower them to be their unique selves who can always, without fail, have a good hair day, every day. With a strong salon heritage, ghd products are used, loved & recommended by those “in-the-know”: professionals, consumers & celebrities worldwide.
North America represents a huge growth potential market for ghd as part of the COTY Professional Beauty organization. As a recent acquisition, ghd is not fully integrated and runs on separate Supply Chain & Operations via a dedicated Commercial & Operations NA team.
At Coty, Supply Chain & Operations is a key company priority. By being part of the ghd Operations team, your contribution will be critical on servicing the End to End needs of our customers. As the Senior Manager ghd NA Operations, you will be part of the ghd Commercial Team and responsible for Logistics in the North America market, which covers areas like: Order-Shipping-Billing, Supply Chain coordination with Global and Manufacturing, Inventory Management & Customer Allocation, Quality Control & Returns, Warehouse overview, New Customer setup, Samples, Packaging / Kitting requirements and planning. The expectation is to be a key leader and owner of ghd NA Logistics & Operations, ensuring excellent execution to serve our customer needs, while fueling the growth momentum and optimizing the supply chain Cost, Cash & Service levels. Fast adoption of systems and processes to take over ghd Operations will be required, together with continuous development to optimize processes and cost. In addition, becoming a fully integrated member of the ghd team, sharing the passion for the Brand and for winning in the NA market is also crucial.
RESPONSIBILTIES include but are not limited to:
- New customer setup (forms, ensure customer & ghd process requirements are met, systems setup, testing if necessary)
- Customer order entry
- Invoicing (via systems like EDI, Ariba, etc)
- Customer service, communication with customers (issues, shipment related questions)
- Customer returns management (issuing forms, communication with warehouse, collaboration with Finance & Accounting)
Supply chain - Logistics:
- Supply Chain coordination with Global team (UK team) and EU/China Manufacturers on production schedule, invoices/POs issued, coordinate US inbound shipments, freight forward, receiving of goods into our systems with landed costs etc.
- Logistics - scheduling order pickups with warehouse, working with Forwarder for Oversea Shipments + tracking customer shipments
- Key liaison with warehouse – orders, product kitting new items/limited editions/special bundles, receiving of inventory, QA issues, etc.
- Inventory management & allocation control – ensuring customer orders are in accordance to their demand & allocation, and reporting to Management and Marketing/Sales any challenges.
- QC – coordinate QC for new product with warehouse/UK, QVC special QC process, etc.
- Identify key opportunities to improve monthly inventory position
Commercial & Marketing support:
- Contribute in New Items set up - UPC’s/case pack/box dimensions
- Packaging – new packaging and packaging changes (ordering UPC over stickers, new labels, review global packaging artwork etc)
- Samples management, process COTY internal orders (sales, studio, schools), support for Sales & Marketing team
- Other ad hoc support, i.e. coding/diversion tracking, hardware/IT etc.
- 1 full time employee reports into the role, hence people management skills are required to manage others to achieve high performance, meet business goals, and develop individual growth
- Be integrated in the ghd Commercial team and become a key contributor to fuel the business momentum and deliver our aggressive growth targets and also be connected with the COTY Professional Beauty NA Supply Chain team and develop functional skill-set and expertise.
- Identify gaps with current processes and work cross functionally to drive improvements
- Other duties and participation as determined
THE COTY IDEAL FIT
- Strong collaboration skills (cross functional, horizontal and vertical)
- Result driven
- Ability to work well under pressure, ability to multitask and quickly resolve issues
- Reliable, accountable, operates with discipline and with attention to detail
- Self-starter and highly motivated; capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional project management and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and customer teams as well as external vendors and handle situations with confidence, tact, and resourcefulness
- Ability to coach and drive results through others
- Ability to understand the bigger picture for the business and Operations/Supply Chain
- Ability to drive change in difficult circumstances
- 7+ years of relevant Supply Chain & Operations experience
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably: BS Engineering, Business Administration or Supply Chain management)
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to work cross-functionally to resolve issues and generate results among potentially conflicting constituencies.
- Proven capability to work in a highly complex business environment and understand the bigger end-to-end supply chain picture.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environment and learn new processes
- Ability to think strategically while also managing process changes and ground-level activities
- Strong analytical ability, attention to detail, and organizational/time management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with different styles and develop strong partnerships.
- Highly effective communication skills; ability to present to a wide range of stakeholders across different teams and levels of the organization
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills to both internal and external executives
- Solid technical skills in SAP, Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of inventory theory and practice and adept in supply chain best practices is a plus
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities,
experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Español - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo