March 8, 2021 - Press release
Celebrating #IWD2021 and Women’s History Month: Making progress on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
SHARE WITH :
Press release IMAGES
At Coty, we want to embrace and celebrate our differences, creating a business culture in which everyone can bring their true selves to work. We recognize the importance of diversity at a leadership level and throughout our whole organization.
While we recognize that there is much more work to do, we are proud to share our progress:
- Strong female representation at a Board and Executive Committee (EC) level. Both our Board of Directors (7 of 13) and EC (3 of 5) are now majority female.
- New governance structure in place (globally and locally) to coordinate diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, and accelerate action towards achieving our targets (announced last year as part of our Beauty That Lasts Sustainability strategy).
- Progress on reducing our gender pay gap, with a new time-bound commitment to pay equitably for similar roles and performance, regardless of gender, by 2022.
- At a leadership level (Grades 1-5), we are at 40% female representation. To support reaching 50%, we are developing Women in Leadership initiatives, which will include a blend of networking, mentoring and leadership development.
- Roll out of a new ‘’Change the Conversation’’ training curriculum to foster an inclusive culture - including sessions on ‘’DEI Fundamentals’’, ‘’Unconscious Bias’’ and ‘’Microaggressions in the Workplace’’.
- Coty has become a signatory to the UN Women’s Empowerment principles, reinforcing our public commitment to gender equality. The seven principles will help guide our efforts to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment in the workplace, marketplace and community.
For more information, make sure to visit our Beauty That Lasts People page.
#IWD2021 #ChooseToChallenge #BeautyThatLasts
About Coty Inc.
Coty is one of the world’s largest beauty companies with an iconic portfolio of brands across fragrance, color cosmetics, and skin and body care. Coty is the global leader in fragrance and number three in color cosmetics. Coty’s products are sold in over 150 countries around the world. Coty and its brands are committed to a range of social causes as well as seeking to minimize its impact on the environment. For additional information about Coty Inc., please visit www.coty.com.